News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Neighborly Notes

Started by garbon, November 19, 2012, 10:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2012, 10:27:23 AM
If she needs this sort of quiet to sleep maybe she shouldn't live in NYC.
This. I keep hoping that I don't end up having to choose between not having a job and living in NYC.

garbon

Don't be such a pussy. Besides you wouldn't have to - you could commute in from Jersey. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

:hmm:

Life must suck as a poor.  More than one family in the same building?  TEH HORROR  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on November 19, 2012, 08:40:07 PM
:hmm:

Life must suck as a poor.  More than one family in the same building?  TEH HORROR  :(

Lincoln isn't that far back in your past. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Goddamn, after dealing with some of the moron neighbors I've had, high heels in the hallway and bathroom fans certainly beats calling the cops every two weeks for Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robot Night right after payday.

garbon

I realized I could be on that list. My boots could be described as...elevated.

Also this is the Village. Of course the gripes are going to be rather minor all things considered. :D

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2012, 10:53:26 PM

Also this is the Village. Of course the gripes are going to be rather minor all things considered. :D

But do you walk in them wrong?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

No, my mother raised me right! ^_^

viper37

Quote from: merithyn on November 19, 2012, 10:17:15 AM
It seems a bit odd to be complaining about things like a bathroom fan and "walking wrong" in high heels. (How does one walk wrong in high heels?)

I give her (I'm guessing by the tone that it's a woman) about a month before she's looking for a new place. Most likely on the top floor of a three-floor walk-up.
bathroom fan can be really annoying.  in my first apt, that wasn't a problem.  But the one I had in Quebec city last year, fucking annoying for the times I was there.  The tenant below me often woke up earlier, and I could hear the freaking fan all morning.  Wich is a problem when you barely sleep at night.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Maximus on November 19, 2012, 07:23:13 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 19, 2012, 10:27:23 AM
If she needs this sort of quiet to sleep maybe she shouldn't live in NYC.
This. I keep hoping that I don't end up having to choose between not having a job and living in NYC.
I read today that carpenters in New Yor now make 100$/hour.
I just can't imagine how much it costs living there to warrant this kind of wage.  Heck, I've seen Montreal's house, in a place where no one wants to live, a house that looked like it had recently been hit by a fire accident and it was selling for 250k$.
Now, a house in NY?  It must be selling at 1M$ for 20' x 24'.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

Someone had already torn both signs down when I went out tonight. :(

Martinus

Speaking of high heels - am I the only one who gets annoyed by shitty poor people who wear elevated shoes with hard heels, that make a loud noise when you walk? Sure, if you are Sarah Jessica Parker going to the Oscar night, by all means wear high heels, but if you are some stupid soccer mom in Tesco-bought clothes, then buy some flat shoes and stop making so much noise, you stupid bitch.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: garbon on November 19, 2012, 10:53:26 PM

AAre they like Pee Wee Herman's boots from Pee Wee's Big Adventure?
PDH!

chipwich

Quote from: Martinus on November 20, 2012, 02:14:27 AM
Speaking of high heels - am I the only one who gets annoyed by shitty poor people who wear elevated shoes with hard heels, that make a loud noise when you walk? Sure, if you are Sarah Jessica Parker going to the Oscar night, by all means wear high heels, but if you are some stupid soccer mom in Tesco-bought clothes, then buy some flat shoes and stop making so much noise, you stupid bitch.

Yes.

Gups

Quote from: Martinus on November 20, 2012, 02:14:27 AM
Speaking of high heels - am I the only stupid bitch.

Sorry, zoned out for a while there. But no, you're far from unique I'm afraid.