News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The next Star Trek MMORPG: Another Epic Fail?

Started by CountDeMoney, May 16, 2009, 08:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 02, 2010, 11:36:18 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 02, 2010, 04:48:37 AM
So what's the way of applying for open beta?

Wait for January 12th is step 1.

Are Trill considered cool? I never heard of them before googling it last nite. Sounds like I'll get to play as a Goa'uld.

According to DS9, Trill women are HOTT

Berkut

Quote from: katmai on January 02, 2010, 03:57:41 AM
Quote from: Berkut on January 01, 2010, 08:26:36 PM
Speaking of pissing away money, can one of you Wowtards send some gold to Divhur? Shit is too expensive in this game if you don't have an 80 handy.

Okay I sent what i could ( like 550 gold) sorry it's not more.

Awesome kay, appreciate it. I will send it back if when I quite again.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on January 02, 2010, 08:32:55 PM
Quote from: katmai on January 02, 2010, 03:57:41 AM
Quote from: Berkut on January 01, 2010, 08:26:36 PM
Speaking of pissing away money, can one of you Wowtards send some gold to Divhur? Shit is too expensive in this game if you don't have an 80 handy.

Okay I sent what i could ( like 550 gold) sorry it's not more.

Awesome kay, appreciate it. I will send it back if when I quite again.

No worries, It's been sitting on my characters collecting virtual dust as it were :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 02, 2010, 11:36:18 AM
Quote from: Tamas on January 02, 2010, 04:48:37 AM
So what's the way of applying for open beta?

Wait for January 12th is step 1.

Are Trill considered cool? I never heard of them before googling it last nite. Sounds like I'll get to play as a Goa'uld.

They are okay, the biggest thing from game persepective is you get an extra skill bonus to start (i've seen it quoted as 500 skill points/ 38% higher) over other characters to represent  the memories of the trill.

Alcibiades

Well I'm torn over whether to go with the borg, trill, or the constitution class.   :yuk:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

katmai

Quote from: Alcibiades on January 02, 2010, 08:46:32 PM
Well I'm torn over whether to go with the borg, trill, or the constitution class.   :yuk:

Heh, yeah which is why I'm spending too much money as apparently you can combine all the pre-orders into one account if I've been reading the forums correctly.

But on the plus side is i'll start with 2months "free" playtime :P

Grey Fox

:lol:

I can't find any Canadian Retailer selling the Collector's Ed.*

*I will not shop at EB Games/Gamestop.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 02, 2010, 08:51:08 PM
:lol:

I can't find any Canadian Retailer selling the Collector's Ed.*

*I will not shop at EB Games/Gamestop.

From the game company website they tell folks to order from Amazon.com not .ca if you want to try them.

From the website.
QuoteQ: Can I order Star Trek Online through Amazon if I am in Canada?

A: Absolutely. However, Canadian customers cannot order Star Trek Online through Amazon.ca. They must order through Amazon.com.

Q: What about Canadian retailers and their exclusives?

A: EB/Gamestop is the only retailer participating in our exclusives program. EB/Gamestop receives the same bonus as in the U.S., namely a Constitution class cruiser.

katmai

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: katmai on January 02, 2010, 08:49:14 PM

Heh, yeah which is why I'm spending too much money as apparently you can combine all the pre-orders into one account if I've been reading the forums correctly.

if they're anywhere smart they'll eventually sell most of the pre-order specials as micro-dlcs.

katmai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIRGoVMARTc

10min video showing character creation, and some of the options/customizations available in game (Race(Characteristics, Looks), Uniform design)

katmai

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on January 03, 2010, 04:29:26 AM
Quote from: katmai on January 02, 2010, 08:49:14 PM

if they're anywhere smart they'll eventually sell most of the pre-order specials as micro-dlcs.

Yeah they have said farther down the line they will likely do that.

CountDeMoney

I loved it in the new Star Trek movie when the voice recognition software at the helm denied Chekov access because he couldn't pronounce "wessel".

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: katmai on January 03, 2010, 04:29:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIRGoVMARTc

10min video showing character creation, and some of the options/customizations available in game (Race(Characteristics, Looks), Uniform design)

one problem I can see: it allows people to make heads that look like butts.... lol

Caliga

I don't like the idea of customized races.  Likely the result will be 80% of players will be from some stupid looking race instead of from one of the ones that actually widely populate the universe in the ST setting.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points