NFL Week 11: Where's the back up QB? WHERES THE OVERRIDE? THE OVERRIDE?

Started by CountDeMoney, November 15, 2012, 08:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on November 21, 2012, 08:39:57 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 21, 2012, 07:15:15 AM
I agree with you Tim, you can't fault him for letting Brady in. But there was no need for Gronk to be on an extrapoint squad.
Why not?  The extra point is the safest play in football, and he's no shrinking violet.  All in all, this injury, while full of karma, is  a freak injury.

Is Tom Brady blocking on field goals too? It might be safe but it's a poor use of your leading receiver.

Gronk might be a TE but the NFL has change on what they do.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Count on November 21, 2012, 01:11:18 AM
Quote from: Neil on November 21, 2012, 12:46:57 AM
Didn't he break it on an extra point, which is about the safest play in the NFL?

Maybe somebody put a little hot sauce on that forearm, to quote Bart Scott.
Yeah it was a PAT. No idea how he broke it. Speaking of horrible people from Baltimore, I enjoyed seeing Bernard Pollard whiff on Leftwich in that big run in the first quarter. I can only assume the Steelers won in a romp after that.
Pollard admitted his mistake and redeemed himself by sending Jericho Cotchery to dreamland on a key play in the 4th.  He'll always be a hero for what he did to Brady.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

One thing that I just cannot get over this week: that Jason Campbell still has a job in the NFL.  The guy has not only never been good he has never even looked like he had the potential to be...yet this is his what 9th season?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Count

I am CountDeMoney's inner child, who appears mysteriously every few years

derspiess

Quote from: Count on November 21, 2012, 10:24:12 AM
Blockers on PAT attempts are never subbed out.

Given his value as an offensive weapon I don't think Gronk should have been on special teams in the first place, save for maybe onside kick return.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on November 21, 2012, 10:56:38 AM
Quote from: Count on November 21, 2012, 10:24:12 AM
Blockers on PAT attempts are never subbed out.
Given his value as an offensive weapon I don't think Gronk should have been on special teams in the first place, save for maybe onside kick return.
But is he really that valuable?  Remember, the Patriot Way is that every player, even Brady, is just a cog in the machine and can be easily replaced.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 21, 2012, 05:56:42 AM
Fucking retarded, he's been to two superbowls since then, he lost them, but how many other coaches can even say that much?

Well, there's a certain mindset that say every coach or manager who doesn't win the championship is just another losers.  This is just another example of that.  It's more emotional than intellectual, and it leads to teams firing a coach who gets them into the playoffs every year with a record like 10-6 but doesn't win it all, and replacing him with a guy who's going to "take us to the next level', but then more often than not, it turns out that next level is 2-10.  With Belichick, this is exacerbated by the fact that there's a lot about him that rubs a lot of people the wrong way.  And since he has won it all in the past, there's a certain amount of sniping at him that's based on envy.

And there's of course also a backlash against him having been proclaimed a genius (or at least a "football genius") by a segment of the media.  He shouldn't have been referred to in those terms in the first place--he's certainly a good coach, but I don't think that being a good and very successful coach means that you're a football genius.  To me, the genius label goes to the guy who were the truly successful and innovative coaches--say, Paul Brown or Tom Landry (interestingly, Landry didn't really get that label, probably because it took several years for his team to actually start winning.  The media focused more on his stoicism on the sidelines than his innovation).

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on November 21, 2012, 11:13:54 AM
(interestingly, Landry didn't really get that label, probably because it took several years for his team to actually start winning.  The media focused more on his stoicism on the sidelines than his innovation).

Are you kidding?  It only took about 5 seasons for him to turn the Cowboys around and then go straight on a 20 year winning streak, and he was already considered an innovator in the league by then for inventing the flex defense.  "The media focused more on his stoicism on the sidelines than his innovation"...what fucking media were you watching?

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Valmy on November 21, 2012, 09:13:16 AM
One thing that I just cannot get over this week: that Jason Campbell still has a job in the NFL.  The guy has not only never been good he has never even looked like he had the potential to be...yet this is his what 9th season?
I thought he was decent in Oakland last year before going on IR.  I'd take him over Carson Palmer right now.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 21, 2012, 05:06:28 PM
I thought he was decent in Oakland last year before going on IR.  I'd take him over Carson Palmer right now.

I'd take tattoo Pryor over Carson.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on November 21, 2012, 05:06:28 PM

No way.  Jason Campbell is, has, and always will be a bum.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on November 21, 2012, 08:38:25 AM
Fucking retarded, he's been to two superbowls since then, he lost them, but how many other coaches can even say that much?
Coughlin, Tomlin and Caldwell.
I thought Caldwell only led the Colts to one? :unsure:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 21, 2012, 06:38:51 PM
He led the Colts to one, but he was on the team for the other.  I'm just taking advantage of 'coaches' as opposed to 'head coaches'.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on November 21, 2012, 07:48:21 PM
He led the Colts to one, but he was on the team for the other.  I'm just taking advantage of 'coaches' as opposed to 'head coaches'.
Okay then, by that standard Bill Belichick's been to seven. He was defensive coordinator for the Giants when they won in 1986 and 1990.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 21, 2012, 08:37:15 PM
Quote from: Neil on November 21, 2012, 07:48:21 PM
Okay then, by that standard Bill Belichick's been to seven. He was defensive coordinator for the Giants when they won in 1986 and 1990.
Not since he won his last won one.  What, don't you know how to read?