News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Grand Election Thread

Started by Tamas, November 06, 2012, 08:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2012, 10:00:26 PM
My Twitterfeed's now equally divided between cheerful liberals, glum conservatives and all uniting in gleefully mocking Dick Morris :)

Someone just retweeted Michael Moore. I'm no longer following them. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

The smugness is strong with that one democrat on Fox News.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

Quote from: Liep on November 06, 2012, 10:50:32 PM
Christ.  From a Dane as well :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Suspenders guy? Beckel is old school Democrat.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

OttoVonBismarck

Florida should be called Obama, and the election. I think the pundits are just not wanting to end their night...all the remaining counties are heavily Democrat so there is really no reason to assume Obama doesn't win Florida and the election. At that point it matters not at all how close the Ohio vote gets, or whether Romney wins/loses Virginia and North Carolina. Although really North Carolina is done, it's like 86% in with a 80,000 Romney lead.

Liep

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 06, 2012, 10:53:33 PM

Suspenders guy? Beckel is old school Democrat.
There's more than one? I've only been watching it for 20 minutes, the CBS feed got very boring. Watching FOX trying to avoid defeat is more fun. :P

I was thinking about the blond girl who worked for Al Gore.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

I'm intrigued by the popularity of striped ties in the US.  In the UK most go for single blocks of colour.
Let's bomb Russia!

OttoVonBismarck

I think the specter of 2000 hangs too heavy 12 years later, a lot of these states would have already been called back in the day. But people are so afraid of looking wrong they wait until a ridiculous surety is present before calling a state.

Caliga

California: Obama
Washington: Obama
Hawaii: Obama

CountDeMoney

Watching BBC America's coverage is marginally as exciting as watching Premier League results.  Maybe because it's 4am over there, and they're all pretty much pooped by now.

Liep

"Trump, the crazy man" - Fox anchor.

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 06, 2012, 10:58:15 PM
I'm intrigued by the popularity of striped ties in the US.  In the UK most go for single blocks of colour.

It's a hangover from the 50s and early 60s, at the time stripped ties were popular in the UK.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"