And we're back!

Main Menu

NOAA to East: Beware of coming 'Frankenstorm

Started by garbon, October 25, 2012, 01:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on October 28, 2012, 10:53:23 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 28, 2012, 10:08:48 AM
Well, I won't be going into work tomorrow. MTA is shutting down and I ain't walking 40 blocks to work. :P

You can work from home?

As long as I have power.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2012, 10:55:22 AM
Taking care of my online banking, laundry and other "well, shit, there's no electricity" issues as well.

Same here. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Well, I won't be going into work tomorrow. MTA is shutting down and I ain't walking 40 blocks to work. :P

I always assumed you roller skated to work or rode a little rainbow colored push scooter.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on October 28, 2012, 10:56:38 AM

I always assumed you roller skated to work or rode a little rainbow colored push scooter.

In fall/winter - too cold, spring - too rainy, summer - too humid. ;)

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on October 28, 2012, 10:55:56 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 28, 2012, 10:53:23 AM

You can work from home?

As long as I have power.

Which power? Gayskull?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Raz and Brain - maybe you should come back later. Your jokes so far would charitably merit a D.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on October 28, 2012, 11:55:32 AM
Raz and Brain - maybe you should come back later. Your jokes so far would charitably merit a D.

The threads are weak!

CountDeMoney

They'll miss us when we're not posting for over 72 hours.  ;)

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 28, 2012, 11:59:01 AM

They'll miss us when we're not posting for over 72 hours.  ;)

:D

mongers

So might the post 'global warming' storm chaos blow the election Romneys' way ?   

:P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Darth Wagtaros

I went to the grocer's today to buy stuff for breakfast.  There were near no batteries remaining. 

Since we hav a freezer full of food we're putting in some bottles of water to keep things cool should we lose power for a few hours.
PDH!

The Brain

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 28, 2012, 01:07:11 PM
I went to the grocer's today to buy stuff for breakfast.  There were near no batteries remaining. 

:wacko: Are you a robot?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: The Brain on October 28, 2012, 01:09:34 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 28, 2012, 01:07:11 PM

:wacko: Are you a robot?
I needed some for the EL Wire. :(
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on October 28, 2012, 12:57:43 PM
So might the post 'global warming' storm chaos blow the election Romneys' way ?   

It's certainly going to affect early voter turnout;  even if the power is on, people will stay home in bad weather.

And I sincerely doubt Governor McConnell will be in a hurry to get the lights turned back on to polling places in Virginia this week.  :P

Darth Wagtaros

Work cancellled tomorrow! Will be sure to send e-mails and facebook posts to people who do have to go in though.
PDH!