News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Reuters: US ambassador to Libya dead

Started by Martinus, September 12, 2012, 04:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

The fact that Israel is full of Arabs and Russians is a hindrance to democracy in Israel.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 13, 2012, 01:14:59 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 12, 2012, 03:47:36 PM

I'm not sure I entirely agree - as in that case I think it was a bit of picking one's battles. I guess we could continue to publish lame things they find offensive but I'm not sure where we have room to be surprised that they then act in a ridiculous violent manner - unless we are planning to do something to curb them of their violent ways. (And I don't think a sharply worded retort qualifies.)

This is simply mindboggling.

First of all, "we" do not continue to publish anything - our societies are not monolythic and our governments do not control content of free speech.

Secondly, be careful what you wish for - since your very existence is offensive to muslims, so you are probably going to be next on the list.

:yawn:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

See? There is no room for negotiations with these savages.

Rasmussen 1. Obama 0.

CountDeMoney

Eastern Europeans and Rasmussen.  :rolleyes:

Overnight Gallup tracking has the spread at 7 points now, and Obama at 51% approval, over 50% for the first time since OBL got double tapped and joined the Indian Ocean food chain.

jimmy olsen

Can't we install fucking claymores in the embassy walls?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Viking

Quote from: Phillip V on September 13, 2012, 04:29:48 AM
The U.S. Embassy in Yemen has been overrun.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/09/13/us-yemen-usa-embassy-idUSBRE88C0AM20120913

The very fact that this is "spreading" like this shows that this is not a reaction to the offensive stimulii but rather a reaction to the reaction. What "this" is is not a rent-a-mob showing up to protest US imperialism but rather the novel (well since 1979) activity of trying to storm the embassy and killing it's inhabitants.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on September 13, 2012, 07:27:13 AM
What "this" is is not a rent-a-mob showing up to protest US imperialism but rather the novel (well since 1979) activity of trying to storm the embassy and killing it's inhabitants.

Yeah that's the thought I had this morning. Shame.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on September 13, 2012, 07:28:56 AM
What "this" is is not a rent-a-mob showing up to protest US imperialism but rather the novel (well since 1979) activity of trying to storm the embassy and killing it's inhabitants.

Fuck you I don't want free speech hating scum like you agreeing with me.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Grey Fox

:lol:

I have been told before that advocating for genocide is illegal in Canada, so I won't.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on September 13, 2012, 07:31:59 AM

:yawn:

Martinus

I think he is more of a retard than scum. Like Jacob.

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on September 13, 2012, 07:37:14 AM

I think he is more of a retard than scum. Like Jacob.

Too many eloquent people manage to propound the same immoral doctrine of blaming the victim for it just to be mental retardation. It's an insult to all retards.

It's the lack of thought (and refusal to think) about the actual consequences. It seems ok for people to be murdered if you sympathise with goals of the murderer or you think the victim is morally culpable. By suggesting that you should accept that you are at fault if you provoked the religious lunatic that tried to kill you is just vile. It just signals a lack of human empathy on garbon's part here. People he doesn't like aren't full humans.

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on September 13, 2012, 07:44:49 AM
People he doesn't like aren't full humans.
If that were true, there would only be one human on earth.