Axis of Evil now official

Started by Solmyr, September 01, 2012, 12:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

http://www.jpost.com/IranianThreat/News/Article.aspx?id=283453

Iran, North Korea unite against 'common enemies'
By REUTERS
09/01/2012 18:47
'ILNA' reports countries have signed cooperation agreement in science, technology at NAM summit meeting in Tehran.

DUBAI - Iran and North Korea have signed an agreement to cooperate in science and technology, Iranian media reported on Saturday, and Iran's supreme leader declared that the two countries had "common enemies."

The two countries will cooperate in research, student exchanges and joint laboratories, and in the fields of information technology, engineering, biotechnology, renewable energy, the environment, sustainable development of agriculture and food technology, the Iranian Labor News Agency (ILNA) reported.
Related:

ILNA said the agreement was signed by Iran's Minister for Science, Research, and Technology Farhad Daneshjoo and North Korean Foreign Minister Pak Ui-chun.

North Korea has had close ties with Iran. Leaked US diplomatic cables from 2010 showed that US officials believe Iran has acquired ballistic missile parts from North Korea.

Pyongyang's Communist government and Iran's Islamic republic share little in the way of ideology, but both were named as part of an "axis of evil" by former US President George W. Bush in his 2002 State of the Union speech.

Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei also met with North Korea's Kim Yong-nam, seen as a figurehead head of state, who was in Tehran for the Non-Aligned Movement summit held this week.

"The Islamic Republic of Iran and North Korea have common enemies, because the arrogant powers do not accept independent states," Khamenei was quoted as saying by ILNA on Saturday.

There had been rumors that North Korean supreme leader Kim Jong-un would attend the summit of developing countries. The Non-Aligned Movement is one of the few multilateral forums in which the North takes part.

Iran's first vice-president, Mohammad Reza Rahimi, also called on Saturday for greater economic ties between his country and North Korea, Iranian state television reported.

Was Bush: clairvoyant?

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

citizen k

I'm proud to be a citizen of the Arrogant Powers.   :bowler:

Valmy

QuoteIran's first vice-president, Mohammad Reza Rahimi, also called on Saturday for greater economic ties between his country and North Korea, Iranian state television reported

The vast economic production of North Korea will soon be at their disposal!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2012, 12:06:10 AM
QuoteIran's first vice-president, Mohammad Reza Rahimi, also called on Saturday for greater economic ties between his country and North Korea, Iranian state television reported

The vast economic production of North Korea will soon be at their disposal!

It's really all about getting their hands on Korean nukes.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

QuotePyongyang's Communist government
:bleeding:
Reporting fail
██████
██████
██████

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

CountDeMoney

QuoteIran and North Korea have signed an agreement to cooperate in science and technology,

Good, they can have fun trading compromised thumb drives back and forth.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on September 02, 2012, 11:23:50 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 02, 2012, 07:16:44 AM
Reporting fail
Huh?

I think they recently removed references to Marx and stuff from their constitution and such.  Not that it matters.  It's still a Stalinist state.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on September 02, 2012, 12:17:18 PM
Quote from: Neil on September 02, 2012, 11:23:50 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 02, 2012, 07:16:44 AM
Reporting fail
Huh?

I think they recently removed references to Marx and stuff from their constitution and such.  Not that it matters.  It's still a Stalinist state.
Oh, so it's actually an ideology fail by Jos.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

KRonn

I thought they were already allies and cooperating, along with other notable nations like Chavez' messed up Venezuela.

Josquius

Quote from: Razgovory on September 02, 2012, 12:17:18 PM

Only as far as stalinist can be taken to mean fascist in all but name psychotic dictatorship (which Stalin's Russia pretty much was...but anyway).
North Korea is completely non-communist even in the cold war sense of the word...but calling it such helps to sell papers and get people riled up about it being scarier than it is.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on September 02, 2012, 08:31:37 PM
Only as far as stalinist can be taken to mean fascist in all but name psychotic dictatorship (which Stalin's Russia pretty much was...but anyway).
North Korea is completely non-communist even in the cold war sense of the word...but calling it such helps to sell papers and get people riled up about it being scarier than it is.

:lol:  How scary is it in reality Squeeze?  This is a country that launched an invasion resulting in millions of deaths, never signed a peace treaty, kidnaps foreigners to teach spies their language, blew up the entire South Korean cabinet, chopped up some soldiers in the demilitarized zone with axes, has sunk a few South Korean ships, shelled a South Korean island, builds and tests nuclear warheads and missiles, and threatens to use them.

So I'd really love to know Squeeze how scared we should be of North Korea.  Like Scotland, or closer to Wales?