And we're back!

Main Menu

Axis of Evil now official

Started by Solmyr, September 01, 2012, 12:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 02, 2012, 08:40:14 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 02, 2012, 08:31:37 PM
Only as far as stalinist can be taken to mean fascist in all but name psychotic dictatorship (which Stalin's Russia pretty much was...but anyway).
North Korea is completely non-communist even in the cold war sense of the word...but calling it such helps to sell papers and get people riled up about it being scarier than it is.

:lol:  How scary is it in reality Squeeze?  This is a country that launched an invasion resulting in millions of deaths, never signed a peace treaty, kidnaps foreigners to teach spies their language, blew up the entire South Korean cabinet, chopped up some soldiers in the demilitarized zone with axes, has sunk a few South Korean ships, shelled a South Korean island, builds and tests nuclear warheads and missiles, and threatens to use them.

So I'd really love to know Squeeze how scared we should be of North Korea.  Like Scotland, or closer to Wales?
They also sell at least the missiles to third parties.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Do North Korean trains run on time?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

I like how the 12'ers are teaming up with the atheists against the people of the book. Ali would not approve.

A group of jews and fags managed to build a bomb with 2 billion dollars in two years 70 years ago. The Iranians have the cash, the raw material, the technology and blueprints and they still can't build the damn thing. Any decent university with a chemistry, physics and engineering departments could manage to explode a bomb with the same resources.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

:lol:  How scary is it in reality Squeeze?  This is a country that launched an invasion resulting in millions of deaths, never signed a peace treaty, kidnaps foreigners to teach spies their language, blew up the entire South Korean cabinet, chopped up some soldiers in the demilitarized zone with axes, has sunk a few South Korean ships, shelled a South Korean island, builds and tests nuclear warheads and missiles, and threatens to use them.

So I'd really love to know Squeeze how scared we should be of North Korea.  Like Scotland, or closer to Wales?

:lol:  Well when you put it that way...

Neil

The problem is that Jos doesn't like North Korea, and he's incapable of admiting that anyone left-wing could be bad.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

Its a nasty country certainly, we should be dealing with it.
And if I was in South Korea I would be a bit worried about getting caught in the cross-fire should they decide to start trouble.
But its hardly a threat to the world as we know it, its a small, impoverished asian dictatorship. Not at all something to be scared of. More something to be pitied. By waving around 'communists!!111' however journalists can conjure up the ghosts of the cold war and make it seem like it could actually be a threat to the west.
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Japan and even South Korea are a lot more a part of the West than where you come from in Coalton, East Shitholeshire.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on September 02, 2012, 09:59:09 PM
And if I was in South Korea I would be a bit worried about getting caught in the cross-fire should they decide to start trouble.
But its hardly a threat to the world as we know it, its a small, impoverished asian dictatorship. Not at all something to be scared of. More something to be pitied. By waving around 'communists!!111' however journalists can conjure up the ghosts of the cold war and make it seem like it could actually be a threat to the west.

They are not a threat to the West, they are a threat to South Korea and Japan.  Just like Iran is not a threat to the West they are threat in Asia.  And I do not get the cross fire thing.  If North Korea was not threatening SOuth Korea or Japan we would not be messing with them at all.

And give it a rest you know and I know North Korea is basically portrayed as looney dictatorship more than some Marxist revolutionaries.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on September 02, 2012, 08:31:37 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on September 02, 2012, 12:17:18 PM

I think they recently removed references to Marx and stuff from their constitution and such.  Not that it matters.  It's still a Stalinist state.
Only as far as stalinist can be taken to mean fascist in all but name psychotic dictatorship (which Stalin's Russia pretty much was...but anyway).
North Korea is completely non-communist even in the cold war sense of the word...but calling it such helps to sell papers and get people riled up about it being scarier than it is.

Oi, another " They aren't true communists!  Real communists wouldn't do that!"?  I don't see how Communist regime and a Psychotic dictatorship are mutually exclusive.  They recently got a new printer and had all their letterhead changed, but they are still the same old guys.  Considering the other communist regimes that East Asia has seen, it's they are that out of the ordinary.  Personality cults, famine, weird sabre rattling are all what we see from Communist regimes in area.  Hell, they haven't even passed the weirdness factor that was Cambodia. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

I see.  So presumably you have encountered significant numbers of westerners who are quaking in their boots with fear of imminent North Korean invasion, led astray as they have been by fear-mongering journalists?

edit: And WTF do you mean by cross-fire?  In 1950 South Korea got cross-fired down to the Pusan perimeter.

Razgovory

Wait, crossfire?  S. Korea would be the main target.  A person might be poor and crazy and to be pitied, but when he holds a hostage (in this case the city Seoul), he's a threat.  We don't regard N. Korea a threat because he can hurt people in the US or Europe.  We regard them as threat cause they can hurt people in S. Korea and Japan.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2012, 10:19:28 PM
They are not a threat to the West, they are a threat to South Korea and Japan.  Just like Iran is not a threat to the West they are threat in Asia.  But I guess if a country doesn't threaten white people they should be allowed to do whatever eh?
Thats a hell of a strawman.
Interesting you bring up Iran as its with Iran (obviously in league with all other islamic extremists) that this kind of crap of blowing up minor threats into Sovietesque genuine challenges to the west is most often seen.

And give it a rest you know and I know North Korea is basically portrayed as looney dictatorship more than some Marxist revolutionaries.
Usually so yes. Sometimes, including here though they are inaccurately called communist.

Amazing that my minor moan has turned into a full hijack :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Iran was brought into the picture in the first post.

Tyr, you wouldn't get dog piled if you didn't say such silly things.  You aren't as bad as MS and Marty, but God, sometimes you can be dense.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on September 02, 2012, 10:58:26 PM
Interesting you bring up Iran as its with Iran (obviously in league with all other islamic extremists) that this kind of crap of blowing up minor threats into Sovietesque genuine challenges to the west is most often seen.

I thought this whole thread was about Iran and NOrth Korea? :hmm:

Anyway I dont think Iran is a threat to the west at all much less a minor threat.  They are a regional threat to other people and they are mad the US, and others, will not let them spread their tentacles.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."