News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The State of Affairs in Russia

Started by Syt, August 01, 2012, 12:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Also it appears we're just 16 years away from a Russian moon colony :lol:

http://en.ria.ru/russia/20140508/189666959/Russia-to-Begin-Moon-Colonization-in-2030--Report.html

I predict this will go as well as their space shuttle program.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

I wanted to buy Prada on the moon, not Pravda. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on May 08, 2014, 03:29:55 PM
Dude, if there is one thing Americans shouldn't use in a mocking example against Russians, it would be the state of their space program.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on May 08, 2014, 03:31:17 PM
Dude, if there is one thing Americans shouldn't use in a mocking example against Russians, it would be the state of their space program.

I'm not.  Just mocking their capabilities, or lack thereof.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Viking

Quote from: derspiess on May 08, 2014, 03:29:55 PM
Also it appears we're just 16 years away from a Russian moon colony :lol:

http://en.ria.ru/russia/20140508/189666959/Russia-to-Begin-Moon-Colonization-in-2030--Report.html

damn, and you people missed your chance to elect Newt Gingrich....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

From today's victory parade:

Classic '80s design.

Collective blowjob? :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Looks like they're doing the Cobain.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on May 09, 2014, 04:41:48 AM

Collective blowjob? :unsure:
Maybe they just saw Putin on top of the mausoleum take his shirt off.

Syt

At any rate, that's a lot of o-faces.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

I wonder if all the current shenanigans will spiral out of control and bring us to war...?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon