News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Steam Summer Sale

Started by Syt, July 12, 2012, 12:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

. . . has begun.

I've picked up Deus Ex:HR for 7.50 - I have it for XBox, but I'm phasing out my console (which is why I'm also waiting for Dead Island to be a dirt cheap).

Also, they have the Paradox bundle (basically all Paradox games available on Steam - EU3 series, CK2, Magicka, Mount and Blade, Warlock, etc.) 82% off, for 50 bucks total.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

Serve the Newell.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on July 12, 2012, 12:17:24 PM
. . . has begun.

I've picked up Deus Ex:HR for 7.50 - I have it for XBox, but I'm phasing out my console (which is why I'm also waiting for Dead Island to be a dirt cheap).

Also, they have the Paradox bundle (basically all Paradox games available on Steam - EU3 series, CK2, Magicka, Mount and Blade, Warlock, etc.) 82% off, for 50 bucks total.

I picked up the new Deus Ex cheap the other day.  Got the original and the crap sequel with it.  Might play the original before I try Human Revolution.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Crazy_Ivan80

Syt

One of the things that made me chuckle was that one of the video screens in DX:HR shows a baseball game between Detroit (where the story starts) and Montreal (where the devs are from). Guess someone wasn't happy about the Expos moving to Washington.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

sbr

I picked up Deus EX:HR, the Missing Link DLC, Legends of Grimrock and Terraria.  Just under $20.

FunkMonk

Dropped $21 on the Civ 5 DLCs that add Polynesia, Denmark, Korea, and a few new wonders, as well as Saints Row: The Third. I've been getting my money's worth out of Civ 5 so I'm feeling good about the DLC and I've been waiting for a massive price drop (75%  :cool:) for SR3 for maximum wacky drunken fun at 1 AM on a Saturday night.

Then I dumped $25 into my empty Steam wallet and deleted my credit card info. Valve won't make me spend $100 on games I'll never play this time.  :mad: :P
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Grey Fox

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 12, 2012, 07:32:31 PM
Dropped $21 on the Civ 5 DLCs that add Polynesia, Denmark, Korea, and a few new wonders, as well as Saints Row: The Third. I've been getting my money's worth out of Civ 5 so I'm feeling good about the DLC and I've been waiting for a massive price drop (75%  :cool:) for SR3 for maximum wacky drunken fun at 1 AM on a Saturday night.

Then I dumped $25 into my empty Steam wallet and deleted my credit card info. Valve won't make me spend $100 on games I'll never play this time.  :mad: :P

I'm waiting for the Civ V dlc to be in the dailie deals. You should have too!

Got Saint's Row 3 also.

I never spent much money on the steam sales before, this time I'm spending an 100$.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 12, 2012, 07:49:11 PM
I'm waiting for the Civ V dlc to be in the dailie deals. You should have too!

Meh, it's 50% off for only $2.50 which is good enough for me. I want to be MIGHTY DENMARK right now. :seefor:

Rumor is there's a deal for Saint's Row 3 + all DLC for $15 later in the sale, but I figured I'll never in my life play SR3 enough to play all its DLC, so I'll save myself $2.50 there.

CountDeMoney

Can't be bothered: it's NCAA 2013 time.

ZOMG I JUST UNLOCKED THE NEW PENN STATE MASCOT LOLZ  ITS A KID WITH A RUPTURED ANAL CAVITY

Grey Fox

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 12, 2012, 09:51:48 PM

ZOMG I JUST UNLOCKED THE NEW PENN STATE MASCOT LOLZ  ITS A KID WITH A RUPTURED ANAL CAVITY

:mad:

Why do you search to anger the Gaben?

Console games, what is this? 1994?

Neil

People play console games these days.  It's just what you do.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on July 13, 2012, 07:41:09 AM
People play console games these days.  It's just what you do.

The people, as you are well aware, are wrong.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 12, 2012, 09:51:48 PM

:lol:

I miss my Xbox right now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

I like consoles and I like Steam.  :) :)

Unfortunately I can't buy a game I want for the PS3 for 75% off for like $5, so I'll continue to use a PC for that.  :sleep: