News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

So I'm getting: CAT

Started by Martinus, July 09, 2012, 11:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Or more precisely, me and my boyfriend are getting two cats, preferably siblings, one to live with each of us and they will meet each other occassionally.

Chosen race: blue Russian.

Let the flaming commence.

Habbaku

Notification of cat's death in 2 months, tops.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Russian cats?!

You two are traitors to Poland.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

So you want to have a Brain Disease?

Moving together, get an house with a yard, get a dog.

God damn urban living fostering to the Cat agenda.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Yards suck.  They waste water and valuable time and money.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

I would actually prefer a dog, but the problem with dogs is that they can't be left alone for most of the day without going nuts. Plus cats feel better in smaller flats and I won't be moving until December (at best).

So, as with my decision not to have kids, my decision not to have a dog (despite me wanting to) is dictated by my qualms about its well-being.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on July 09, 2012, 11:14:27 AM
Russian cats?!

You two are traitors to Poland.

They will be atheist communist cats working for the world-wide Zionist conspiracy.

Martinus

Blue Russians are so cute btw:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on July 09, 2012, 11:36:53 AM
They will be atheist communist cats working for the world-wide Zionist conspiracy.

:hmm:

Ideologue

I guess you take relatively good care of your humans, so I have no specific objection to you getting a cat.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on July 09, 2012, 11:35:50 AMPlus cats feel better in smaller flats and I won't be moving until December (at best).

I have to voice concerns about how you and the other pillowbiter are going to have separate cats and bring them together from time to time;  cats don't travel well, and if they're not cohabitating in the same environment, you're going to have hierarchy issues--even from cats from the same litter.

QuoteSo, as with my decision not to have kids, my decision not to have a dog (despite me wanting to) is dictated by my qualms about its well-being.

Good man.  As much of a cat person as I am, I would love to have a dog, as I grew up with up;  but condo living isn't meant for them.  And it's not fair to keep them cooped up in a house when you're living alone and working 10 or 11 hours a day.

I mean, there are plenty of people around here with little doggies, but most of them are retired.  The people, not to the dogs.

Neil

Martinus and CdM get closer together.  I'm waiting for Money's thread 'I'm going to start pretending to be a lawyer!'.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on July 09, 2012, 11:59:40 AM
Martinus and CdM get closer together.  I'm waiting for Money's thread 'I'm going to start pretending to be a lawyer!'.

"Mr. Simpson, don't you worry. I watched Matlock in a bar last night. The sound wasn't on, but I think I got the gist of it."

mongers

Marty, you do know you can't use cats as extemporised clothes dryers ? :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Maximus

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 09, 2012, 11:17:32 AM
So you want to have a Brain Disease?

Moving together, get an house with a yard, get a dog.

God damn urban living fostering to the Cat agenda.
Dogs are inappropriate for living in a town or city.