News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '12-13

Started by grumbler, June 02, 2012, 03:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: dps on September 08, 2012, 11:49:33 PM
You do realize that a 4-team playoff won't change that, right?  There could easily be 5 or more undefeated teams.  And there's no guarantee that the selection committee won't take a 1-loss team over an undefeated team, either.

Of course I do.  But it is less likely to happen so improvement has been made.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on September 02, 2012, 10:22:06 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 02, 2012, 10:10:07 AM
84-0 by Oklahoma st! Seems a bit excessive, especially against an FBS school.

I am not looking forward to that game.

Looking good so far :cheers:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2012, 11:54:24 PM
Quote from: Berkut on September 02, 2012, 10:22:06 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 02, 2012, 10:10:07 AM
84-0 by Oklahoma st! Seems a bit excessive, especially against an FBS school.

I am not looking forward to that game.

Looking good so far :cheers:

It's all gravy now.

Arizona up 30-21, and even if they cannot hold on and lose, this team is much better than expected.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 08, 2012, 07:21:31 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on September 08, 2012, 02:36:47 PM
Wow that Penn State kicker is something else.

Give him a break;  he's a walk-on that didn't even belong on the team until the real kicker skipped town over the Sandusky thing.

The real kicker has an injury so even if he had stayed that walk-on would have been kicking.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 08, 2012, 06:50:43 PM
Another PM for you Valmy.  Less popups there, it seems, but I don't know how long it'll last. 

It was sorta funny all of us crowded around a tiny window on my computer.  A good time was had though!  Thanks for the links.  The next time a game is on LHN I hope to have it on my TV.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2012, 11:36:03 PM
Quote from: sbr on September 08, 2012, 09:56:49 PM
The problem is there will always be yahoos like you who look at nothing but wins and losses.

History has sort of proven us yahoos were correct with one exception.  It seems yahoos like you are impervious to history.  But really even if I did not have history behind me I would still feel this way.

It just annoys me that in this game you can go undefeated, including the postseason, and not be the champs.  This is the only sport in the entire world I am aware of where that is possible.  I just want that stopped.

You do realize that a 4-team playoff won't change that, right?  There could easily be 5 or more undefeated teams.  And there's no guarantee that the selection committee won't take a 1-loss team over an undefeated team, either.
That seems very unlikely, when was the last time there was 5 undefeated teams?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

There has been some simply brilliant playcalling in this game.

That blitz on 3rd and 12 when we had not blitzed much all night. Simply awesome.

Rodriguez >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stoops for actual game leadership.

0 rows returned

sbr

Quote from: Berkut on September 09, 2012, 12:34:25 AM
There has been some simply brilliant playcalling in this game.

That blitz on 3rd and 12 when we had not blitzed much all night. Simply awesome.

Rodriguez >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stoops for actual game leadership.

Ihave the game on, but I'm not in front of the TV.  How is the new QB looking?

Berkut

Scott is looking outstanding through two games.

Toledo:
30/46   387   8.4   2   1

OkSt:
28/41   320   7.8   2   0

0 rows returned

Ed Anger

The Indiana QB broke his leg in a nasty way. Don't look it up. Seriously. It's nasty.

Also at Huskerboards, the meltdown is underway. Somewhat entertaining.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

dps

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 09, 2012, 12:19:45 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 08, 2012, 11:36:03 PM
Quote from: sbr on September 08, 2012, 09:56:49 PM
The problem is there will always be yahoos like you who look at nothing but wins and losses.

History has sort of proven us yahoos were correct with one exception.  It seems yahoos like you are impervious to history.  But really even if I did not have history behind me I would still feel this way.

It just annoys me that in this game you can go undefeated, including the postseason, and not be the champs.  This is the only sport in the entire world I am aware of where that is possible.  I just want that stopped.

That seems very unlikely, when was the last time there was 5 undefeated teams?

Granted, that's very unlikely.  The committee taking a 1-loss team over an undefeated team, not so unlikely.

Eddie Teach

The problem is that Division 1 is too big and the conferences within it aren't anywhere close to equal. Managing to mow down the Sun Belt or Conference USA doesn't make you one of the top 4(or even 10 or 15 generally) teams in the country.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

sbr

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 09, 2012, 10:36:45 PM
The problem is that Division 1 is too big and the conferences within it aren't anywhere close to equal. Managing to mow down the Sun Belt or Conference USA doesn't make you one of the top 4(or even 10 or 15 generally) teams in the country.

:yes:

There is too much of a difference in strength of schedule in division 1 football, and I am interested in the best teams playing for the title, not the most deserving.  Sometimes the best team might have more losses than a different worse team, for example Alabama last year.  Any one who watched the first LSU-Alabama game last year knew Alabama was the better team, unfortunately due to a shitty kicker and the LSU kid making one of the best plays I have ever seen in the defensive backfield they lost. 

Until the Division 1 conferences do something to equalize the scheduling problems no system will be any better than the other.  The 4 team "playoff" may be better but I am betting idioits that look at wins and losses over anything else will still have more say than those who really know who might be best.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: sbr on September 09, 2012, 10:46:00 PM
Until the Division 1 conferences do something to equalize the scheduling problems no system will be any better than the other.  The 4 team "playoff" may be better but I am betting idioits that look at wins and losses over anything else will still have more say than those who really know who might be best.

Too many bones thrown to the powerhouses and the cupcakes*;  the current system benefits them both:  the Savannah States get their cash, and the Florida States get their tune-ups.  Or, in the case of Troy State and Fresno State, you sacrifice a few years of on the road ass whippings to generate a higher profile for your program.

*Or, as Golic would say, some aren't even cupcakes, they're muffins.  No icing.

sbr

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 09, 2012, 10:52:36 PM
Quote from: sbr on September 09, 2012, 10:46:00 PM

Too many bones thrown to the powerhouses and the cupcakes*;  the current system benefits them both:  the Savannah States get their cash, and the Florida States get their tune-ups.  Or, in the case of Troy State and Fresno State, you sacrifice a few years of on the road ass whippings to generate a higher profile for your program.

*Or, as Golic would say, some aren't even cupcakes, they're muffins.  No icing.

The only ones with any interest in changing the system are the fans and the TV networks.  Hopefully money will eventually talk and force some better OOC games.