News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mitt Romney as a Democrat

Started by Razgovory, June 01, 2012, 12:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I was curious, what if Mitt was the nominee for Democratic Party rather then the Republican.  For those who intend to vote Romney this time around, would it make a difference?  Assuming that Romney is the same guy with the same record, indicate how you would vote if he ran against the following GOP candidates for President if it were a general election.

Rick Santorum

Newt Gingrich

Ron Paul

Michele Bachmann

Herman Cain

Rick Perry

Jon Huntsman
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Against those guys?  What kind of a choice is that?  How could you not vote Romney?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on June 01, 2012, 12:47:33 PM
Against those guys?  What kind of a choice is that?  How could you not vote Romney?

Well, they are Republicans and ran for President in this primary.  Who the hell else am I going to pick?  Dead people?  French candidates? Democrats?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2012, 12:52:11 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 01, 2012, 12:47:33 PM
Well, they are Republicans and ran for President in this primary.  Who the hell else am I going to pick?  Dead people?  French candidates? Democrats?
Sure.  It's a counterfactual.

Nixon 2012.

derspiess

I still think I need more info.  If the *only* difference would be that he'd have a "D" next to his name and he were willing to work with Republicans in congress the same as he would as a Republican, then shit yeah I'd vote for him.

It's not as if I'm incapable of voting for Demoncrats.  I do so whenever I find one I like.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on June 01, 2012, 12:52:01 PM
Huntsman

It's not multiple choice.  You pick who you vote for in each scenario if the candidate was the GOP nominee.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on June 01, 2012, 12:53:48 PM
I still think I need more info.  If the *only* difference would be that he'd have a "D" next to his name and he were willing to work with Republicans in congress the same as he would as a Republican, then shit yeah I'd vote for him.

It's not as if I'm incapable of voting for Demoncrats.  I do so whenever I find one I like.

You are assuming that Republicans would actually work with him.  They've shown no indication they wanted to from the very beginning.

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2012, 12:53:59 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 01, 2012, 12:52:01 PM
Huntsman

It's not multiple choice.  You pick who you vote for in each scenario if the candidate was the GOP nominee.

OK

Romney

Romney

Romeny

Romney

Romney

Romney

Huntsman
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2012, 12:55:14 PM
You are assuming that Republicans would actually work with him.  They've shown no indication they wanted to from the very beginning.

:huh:

edit: linky

http://innovation.cq.com/pub/table/index.php?id=69

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2012, 12:46:17 PM
I was curious, what if Mitt was the nominee for Democratic Party rather then the Republican. 

He's been that.  Governor of Massachusetts.

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on June 01, 2012, 12:57:54 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2012, 12:55:14 PM

:huh:

Outside the Conservative echo chamber it's pretty obvious that Republicans in Congress have no interest in working with the President.  2008 broke the record in filibusters.  You are also assuming there will be a GOP controlled Congress.  That isn't necessarily going to be true.