Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on June 01, 2012, 01:26:01 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2012, 01:17:57 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 01, 2012, 01:09:47 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2012, 01:06:03 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 01, 2012, 01:03:49 PM
The Huntmeister.

If I was going to make it a poll, I would have made it a poll.
Maybe you should have.
That really wouldn't have accomplished much would it?  We already had those for the Primary.
And do you feel that this thread is accomplishing something?

Sometimes I think people on Languish are worth talking to.  Less and Less these days.  Hey, do you know if Yi is now ignoring me?  I haven't heard from him after he  stormed off last.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2012, 01:31:18 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 01, 2012, 01:25:38 PM
I thought the 1852 Congress was the high point of Filibustering?

Boring.  No C-Span.

Less C-Span, more republics in Sonoroa, Baja California and on the land of the putative Nicaragua Canal.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2012, 01:31:47 PM
Sometimes I think people on Languish are worth talking to.  Less and Less these days.  Hey, do you know if Yi is now ignoring me?  I haven't heard from him after he  stormed off last.
I have no idea.  I don't like the ignore feature.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on June 01, 2012, 01:33:33 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2012, 01:31:47 PM
I have no idea.  I don't like the ignore feature.

Oh, I thought you could see stuff like that as an Admin.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2012, 01:27:18 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 01, 2012, 01:19:24 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2012, 01:05:06 PM
Outside the Conservative echo chamber it's pretty obvious that Republicans in Congress have no interest in working with the President.  2008 broke the record in filibusters.  You are also assuming there will be a GOP controlled Congress.  That isn't necessarily going to be true.

I thought we were talking about Romney.

Re: GOP control of congress, I feel pretty confident that they will retain the House and think they have a good shot at taking the Senate.  Nothing is ever 100% certain of course, but I would still want a Pretend Democrat President Romney to work with the GOP in any case.

Is there any indication that the GOP would act differently if there was different Democrat in office?  The previous Democrat they obstructed and impeached. 

Hold up a minute, there.  The GOP reached across the aisle & worked with Clinton on NAFTA, welfare reform, and other items on which they agreed.  Clinton was smart enough to steal some issues from the GOP and pretty much force them to work with him.  Obama, not so much.  He seemed to prefer telling the GOP that elections have consequences.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on June 01, 2012, 01:56:32 PM
In his first two years?

I'd suggest that the 1994 GOP was less cooperative than the 2008 one. At least the 2008 one kept paying government salaries.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

In his first two years?

No.  But he got beaten up so bad in the '94 mid-terms that he realized he couldn't just push a hard left agenda and be successful.  Obama didn't learn that lesson after 2010, sadly.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on June 01, 2012, 01:58:58 PM
I'd suggest that the 1994 GOP was less cooperative than the 2008 one. At least the 2008 one kept paying government salaries.

Just wait until this summer, 90 days before the election.

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2012, 02:00:25 PM
Quote from: Viking on June 01, 2012, 01:58:58 PM

Just wait until this summer, 90 days before the election.

I suspect that the GOP realizes that not paying the salaries of government employees is a losing move even for Ron Paul supporters.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on June 01, 2012, 01:59:09 PM
No.  But he got beaten up so bad in the '94 mid-terms that he realized he couldn't just push a hard left agenda and be successful.  Obama didn't learn that lesson after 2010, sadly.

Bubba was in many ways a perfect moderate Republican president.

Razgovory

In his first two years?

Ah, so no.  They weren't interested in working with him.  There was an enormous increase in filibusters at the time as well.  But of course it was the Democrat's fault.  It's always the Democrat's fault.  Now, did Democrats refuse to work with Bush in his first two years?  I seem to recall them passing his tax stuff, and his war against Iraq

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 01, 2012, 02:05:20 PM

Bubba was in many ways a perfect moderate Republican president.

I know, I know - balanced budget, welfare reform - why were we so worked up over him?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.