D: Sweden
0 (0%)
D: France
1 (2.1%)
D: England
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Pedrito

France: Quite a lot of talent in the midfield, a very solid defense and the best forward of the season, together with Van Persie.
I see only Holland and Spain at the same level, but while Holland is known for fumbling the big events, Spain has some injury problems that can hinder their progression.
Germany is a very good team, but the defense is leaky.
I had hopes for Portugal, because Ronaldo deserves something more than a Liga title in his career, but the rest ofthe team isnot quite on par with him.
Russia will be the big surprise, England and Italy the not so big surprises in their going home after the round.
Italy need to refound all the team, it will be 6-8 years before we can return to high levels.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the Eye-talians.

They tend to do well when Juve does well.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Pedrito

:lol:

Edit: this was intended as a response to your England post, but works well for the Italy one, too  :D

L.
b / h = h / b+h

Pedrito

Quote from: Josephus on June 07, 2012, 11:15:44 AM

True, but:

-italian football is in the midst of a big, very big illegal betting scandal; many top players are said to be involved, between them Buffon and Bonucci
- this last season juventus played a rather unexpected 3-5-2, a formation not easily digested by other players
- Barzagli, the most consistent defensive player of the season, is out at least 20 days
- we have no strikers, but a collection of small and fast supprting forwards. Di Natale scored 25 goals this season playing for Udinese, but he's well known as being unable to withstand pressure

L.
b / h = h / b+h

The Larch

Quote from: Pedrito on June 07, 2012, 11:22:05 AM
Quote from: Josephus on June 07, 2012, 11:15:44 AM

True, but:

-italian football is in the midst of a big, very big illegal betting scandal; many top players are said to be involved, between them Buffon and Bonucci
- this last season juventus played a rather unexpected 3-5-2, a formation not easily digested by other players
- Barzagli, the most consistent defensive player of the season, is out at least 20 days
- we have no strikers, but a collection of small and fast supprting forwards. Di Natale scored 25 goals this season playing for Udinese, but he's well known as being unable to withstand pressure

L.

Btw, your current crop of defenders must be atrocious when you have to resort to a serie B player to prop up the squad.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Pedrito on June 07, 2012, 10:56:32 AM
Ok, time for a bit of predictions:

A) Russia, Poland
B) Holland, Germany
c) Spain, Croatia
D) France, Sweden

Quarter finals:
Russia-Germany: Russia
Holland-Poland: Holland
Spain-Sweden: Spain
France-Croatia: France

Semis:
Russia-Spain: Spain
Holland-France: France

Final: Spain-France: France

Not really in line with the fact that I answered Portugal to the poll question  :P

L.

I don't see Russia beating Germany outside of WWII.  No way!

katmai

Quote from: Pedrito on May 22, 2012, 03:50:09 AM
A couple weeks left before the first match - 8th of june is the date.

Group stage:
A: Poland Greece Russia Czech Rep.
B: Holland Denmark Germany Portugal (the Group of Death)
C: Spain Italy Eire Croatia (the Group of Debt - almost)
D: Ukraine Sweden France England

1. Winner A - Runner-up B
2. Winner B - Runner-up A
3. Winner C - Runner-up D
4. Winner D - Runner-up C

Semis:
Winner 1 - Winner 3
Winner 2 - Winner 4

Final July 1st, 2012

Start your predictions.

L.
A) Poland and Russia
B) Dutch and Krauts
C) Spain and Croatia
D) France and England

Russia-Holland=Holland
Poland-Germany= Germans recreate '39
Spain-England=Seeya Limeys, go Spain
Croatia-France=Arky's pants are a dairy factory!

Holland-Spain=Dutch get payback for World Cup
Germany-Croatia=Germany

Holland over Germans.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Warspite

Corluka's out, I'll be happy if we draw with Ireland.  :lol:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Larch

Quote from: Warspite on June 07, 2012, 05:53:29 PM
Corluka's out, I'll be happy if we draw with Ireland.  :lol:

Not even with Modric and Kranjkar around?

Sheilbh

It's the day before the Euros start and we've the first problem with racism:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/07/euro-2012-holland-racist-abuse

Admittedly, John Terry has been warned.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josephus

A: Poland Russia --I normally wouldn't pick the Poles, but home advanage might mean victory over the Czechs

B: Holland  Germany ...anything can happen here really, but I'll go safe and pick favourites.

C: Spain Italy  picking favourites here too. I know Italy is currently un-favoured but they will 0-0 their way to the next round. In fact I predict this group may have a total of about 5 goals in all its games...all against Eire.

D: France England....I know, I know, but I'm an old 66-er and must support England. They will sneak a lucky win over Ukriane.

1. Winner A - Runner-up B---- Russia v Germany: Germany
2. Winner B - Runner-up A----Holland v Poland; Holland
3. Winner C - Runner-up D----Spain v. England.; England win on penalties.
4. Winner D - Runner-up C---France v Italy; Italy

Semis:
Winner 1 - Winner 3---Germany v. England. We always come up against them, don't we. Germany
Winner 2 - Winner 4----Holland v. Italy. Holland.

Final July 1st, 2012..... Holland finally break through winning a goal-thriller 5-3 in OT.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 07, 2012, 07:39:15 PM
LOL Poland.
I think this is my favourite bit:
QuoteThe Polish authorities have been eager to dispel the sense that the backdrop to this tournament will have racism at its centre, and the country's prime minister, Donald Tusk, went through an elaborate public relations exercise on Thursday to drive home the point. Tusk was accompanied by a television crew on a 90-mile journey to Lodz to dine with Poland's first black parliamentarian, John Godson, and his family, including relatives who had flown in from Nigeria. The idea was to show the improvements both in Poland's road network and acceptance of different races.
Let's bomb Russia!