News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shaving?

Started by Lucidor, May 21, 2012, 03:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your primary method of hair removal?

Electric Razor
10 (23.3%)
Mach 3 or other multi-blade system
24 (55.8%)
Disposable razors
3 (7%)
Double edged safety razor
3 (7%)
Straight razor
0 (0%)
Other, or don't shave
3 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Habsburg

I love my Mach 3 Turbo

MadImmortalMan

Electric. You have to use them for a while before it stops irritating the skin. I like not having to keep buying shit to shave. Also it's much faster.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Capetan Mihali

Gillette Sensor Excel.  Two blades suffices. 
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

MadBurgerMaker

Use both a Norelco electric razor and.....some version of the Schick Quattro.  The electric razor "burns" my face more (actually, it hurts the most down on my neck), but I have some lotion for that so it's no big deal.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Zanza

I am using the Gillette Fusion or whatever the five blade model is called. The one without vibrations.

Syt

I use the electric hair cutter (0 mm) on my whole head twice a week (except chin, I keep it ca. inch long there). My skin is eternally grateful for not being massacred by sharp blades anymore.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on May 22, 2012, 02:26:39 AM
I am using the Gillette Fusion or whatever the five blade model is called. The one without vibrations.

I used the one with vibrations. Smoothest shaving I ever head, but still irritated my skin to no end.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2012, 04:30:48 PM
Use the sensitive skin gel as soon as I'm out of the shower, or a hot compress for a few minutes to loosen up.

I thought this thread was about shaving your face.

Martinus

Anyway, from responses in this thread, it seems like men of style use Mach 3 Turbo and weirdos don't.

Martinus

Quote from: Caliga on May 21, 2012, 09:02:01 PM

I have this one too, but I end up with feeling like someone rubbed my face with a scrap paper every time I use it. Plus it takes bloody ages compared to Mach 3 Turbo razor. Still I keep it for quick trips when travelling with my hand luggage only - since they don't let you take razors with you on the plane.

Josquius

Multi-blade razor. Not a mach three I think, some lesser sort, mach 3 is damn expensive and the blades dont last long...though it does do a good job.
I have an electric one but it is slow and inefficient, always have to use a regular razor for some bits. Often use it for a quick trim though.
Really want to try a straight razor but have no idea where to find them.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

I used the Mach 3 Turbo before but found the Fusion to be even better.

Brazen

Venus Spa Breeze :unsure: Built in shave gel is the shiznit for doing your legs in the shower. Just so you know.