News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shaving?

Started by Lucidor, May 21, 2012, 03:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your primary method of hair removal?

Electric Razor
10 (23.3%)
Mach 3 or other multi-blade system
24 (55.8%)
Disposable razors
3 (7%)
Double edged safety razor
3 (7%)
Straight razor
0 (0%)
Other, or don't shave
3 (7%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2012, 02:35:16 AM
I have this one too, but I end up with feeling like someone rubbed my face with a scrap paper every time I use it. Plus it takes bloody ages compared to Mach 3 Turbo razor. Still I keep it for quick trips when travelling with my hand luggage only - since they don't let you take razors with you on the plane.
I used to hate electric razors but my mom bought me this one for a Christmas present like 3 or 4 years ago.  I was skeptical at first, but I absolutely love it and never shave with a conventional razor anymore.  Plus, like you said, it's perfect for business trips since it has that little travel pod thingy.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

I've gone native in East London and grown a beard :ph34r:

I use an electric razor and a safety razor.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2012, 02:31:55 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2012, 04:30:48 PM
Use the sensitive skin gel as soon as I'm out of the shower, or a hot compress for a few minutes to loosen up.

I thought this thread was about shaving your face.

Once you hit 40, you worry about pulling a hammy stepping out of the shower. Just wait, you're almost there.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 22, 2012, 06:08:26 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2012, 02:31:55 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 21, 2012, 04:30:48 PM
Use the sensitive skin gel as soon as I'm out of the shower, or a hot compress for a few minutes to loosen up.

I thought this thread was about shaving your face.

Once you hit 40, you worry about pulling a hammy stepping out of the shower. Just wait, you're almost there.

He's like 67 in gay years.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

fhdz

Quote from: Zanza on May 22, 2012, 02:26:39 AM
I am using the Gillette Fusion or whatever the five blade model is called. The one without vibrations.

That's the one I've got too. I tried one of those double-edged safety razors to be Hip & Cool but it just tears the fuck out of my face. No thank you.
and the horse you rode in on

Barrister

I used an electric shaver for several years but to be honest it was just because it was easier and faster.  To be honest it did not give that close a shave.

I was using a Fusion whatever.  But fuck are those blade expensive.  So expensive in fact they are kept locked up at the grocery and drug store - the dollar / weight value was so high they became a prime bait for shoplifters.  And I find it a pain in the ass to chase someone down just so I can buy razors.

So now I just go with disposables.  Not as good as Fusion, better than electric.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Costco is the only place to buy them, 18 blades for 54$
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Barrister on May 22, 2012, 01:59:42 PM
I used an electric shaver for several years but to be honest it was just because it was easier and faster.  To be honest it did not give that close a shave.

Frankly, I'm not sure if you're being sincere. :hmm:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

DontSayBanana

Quote from: fahdiz on May 22, 2012, 01:55:28 PM
That's the one I've got too. I tried one of those double-edged safety razors to be Hip & Cool but it just tears the fuck out of my face. No thank you.

It's by far the fastest way to go, but I'll freely admit that I can only get away with it due to really tough skin.

Also, the "hip and cool" thing is the old-timey straight-blade razors.  Even I'm afraid to use those.
Experience bij!

Caliga

To be honest it did not give that close a shave.
I agree with this but it's less of a problem in my case since I have facial hair (moustache and goatee) anyway.

Lucidor

I have sensitive skin, but a good sharp blade and a light touch just gets rid of the beard, and leaves the skin much less irritated than for instance electric razors. Dabbing some Proraso preshave on helps a lot too.

Lucidor

Quote from: Caliga on May 22, 2012, 03:54:14 PM
To be honest it did not give that close a shave.
I agree with this but it's less of a problem in my case since I have facial hair (moustache and goatee) anyway.
http://www.goateesaver.com/

The idea of getting this has been tossed back and forth among my friends, in jest mostly.

Shaving, while looking like Hannibal Lecter is a neat idea, though.

Caliga

I've seen that before. :lol:  I get the concept but... it's really not that hard to do it correctly.

CountDeMoney

I wish I could grow a goatee.  :(

Hell, I wish I could grow a 15 year old Guatemalan busboy's scraggly half of a Fu Manchu.  :(