#59: 4 / John Hawkins

Message from Spain:
2/4: Place Jesuit in Berwick
4/4: Place Patrol in Antilles
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Drake has some minor success with piracy against the Spanish off the Canary Islands, then drops a colony off in Rio.

Berkut

Uggh. I don't see how Drake doesn't just eviscerate the Spanish every single turn.

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 11, 2012, 10:04:37 AM
Uggh. I don't see how Drake doesn't just eviscerate the Spanish every single turn.

Lots of fortresses and patrols?  But I'm pretty sure Drake is intended to eviscerate the Spanish every turn...

Habbaku

Regardless of how awesome Drake is, he can't take awards that aren't allowed.  You can only get a VP, a treasure or sink a patrol with piracy hits in the New World.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Dang, was looking at the Europe rewards, I guess.  I'll take a treasure then.

Habbaku

Each power may only pirate 3 times per turn, so Drake can't hit everything.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

QuoteFrance: Play Card as Event
#48: 3 / Commissioned from Italy

Message from France:
Event, patronizing Bellaso.

France digs up some Italian beaker-fiddler.

Off to Drakken.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on June 11, 2012, 10:17:13 AM

Each power may only pirate 3 times per turn, so Drake can't hit everything.

With his piracy rating, that is going to average something like 4 hits per turn.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Assuming everything he attacks is undefended, sure...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on June 11, 2012, 10:33:20 AM
Assuming everything he attacks is undefended, sure...

...which is, I believe, impossible now.

Tamas

Drakken, if you feel like making a move at work, I have 6 regulars and 4 cavalries and my leader in Belgrade, and you 11 regulars plus your leader in Szigetvár :P

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 11, 2012, 01:49:16 PM
Drakken, if you feel like making a move at work, I have 6 regulars and 4 cavalries and my leader in Belgrade, and you 11 regulars plus your leader in Szigetvár :P

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Drakken

You know, I can also muster a lot of cannon fodder too, Tamas.

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Message
Playing Home Card as Operations - Patron of Arts and Sciences

5CP :
4/5 - 4 Mercs placed in Szigetvar
5/5 - Schwendi, Zrinyi, 6r8m from Szigetvar to Belgrade