News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Berkut's up to make the rest of his plays, in that case.

Ulmont should jump in here and state that he is definitely not playing anything else, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

yeah he could give me a card or something :D

ulmont

Holding my one cp cards and passing out the turn.

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on June 06, 2012, 04:37:13 PM
Holding my one cp cards and passing out the turn.

You and Tamas both.  :yeah:

Go-go, Hungarian beet-counting!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

well if I didnt forget that he could spring deploy via allied territory, this wouldnt have happened :P

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 06, 2012, 04:42:16 PM
well if I didnt forget that he could spring deploy via allied territory, this wouldnt have happened :P

Sad
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

It's probably best to stop highlighting your own incompetence.

On the bright side of things, all is not lost.  Presumably, Drakken won't ally with Spain again next turn and may, in fact, declare war on them--to take the rather poorly-defended city of Buda.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on June 06, 2012, 05:01:48 PM

It's probably best to stop highlighting your own incompetence.

But what if it's the only thing he's got going for him?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Took Istanbul, Salonika, Sofia, and Finica

Built a troop, fortress, etc., etc.

I am done.

Even though I drew a really insane number of cards that turn, as you can see, most of them were pretty poor CP wise.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Harsh toke, man.

Tamas has no one but himself to blame, of course.  Well, he can blame Drakken a bit, I suppose, but that won't really stick.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Ottoman winter is...well, actually, they can't winter anyone because Tamas lost Istanbul.  :nelson:

Spanish posted their winter.

English have no real winter that I can see.

France winters 3 regulars and Montmorency from La Rochelle to Paris.  1 mercenary from Boulogne goes to Paris as well.

HRE may winter 4 troops in Szigetvar (and I'm going to assume they do so), but the rest must go to Vienna.  They could winter some more stuff in Agram, but...that leaves them rather inflexible.

Protestant has no possible winter.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Doing some winter stuff now, but I do need to know what Drakken's selecting for winter--1 regular, 2 mercenaries or 4 mercenaries to the pool?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Not that I want to but don't I have winter available for my dude in Amsterdam?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on June 06, 2012, 08:39:16 PM
Not that I want to but don't I have winter available for my dude in Amsterdam?

You do, but I assumed you wanted to keep him there due to religious implications (same reason most of my fortified spaces have a regular in them).

Ulmont has the option as to where to winter the damaged Hawkins as well--he may go home or stop in Florida.

The Aging of the Royals resulted in :

Charles IX looking a bit older (down to a '2')
William of Orange maintaining his fine, handsome features.
The Earl of Arran affecting the latest fashions to conceal his aging.
Charles II settling for a Bavarian bride.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth of England ages gracefully into her 30s.  She is still quite eligible!

Bonus VPs :

1 to France for control of Paris.
1 to England for unwed Elizabeth.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

I just wanted to make sure that I understood wintering - properly :)