News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Virgin Queen PBEM Recruitment

Started by Habbaku, May 09, 2012, 12:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Quote from: Habbaku on June 02, 2012, 01:47:53 PM
No, that's not better either.  Treasures can't be used for the same type of actions as the cards used before them.  You did military actions with both...

What do you mean?

I moved land units with my Cards (A), then used my Treasure to build a land unit (B), then a forteress (C)? It's three different actions.

Which are legit and which are not?

Berkut

Yes, you cannot use a treasure to do something the same color as the action of the card.

Also, they should not go back into the tray, but into a discard pile. I don't know if that is important, but it could be if something else comes along to cause treasures to be drawn.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Drakken

#67: 3 / Spanish Pay Ships Seized

QuoteMessage from Holy Roman Empire:
3CP :
1/3 Move Schwendi from Pressburg to Vienna
3/3 Move Schwendi + 2 Mercs from Vienna to Szigetvar

Use 4CP Treasure to extend turn. Put it back the Treasure Tray Discard Pile.

4CP :
2/4 - Build Forteress in Agram
4/4 - Patronizing Mercator for 2CP

Now if everything is legit now, to the Protestants.

There. All three are now of different colors. Sending the file.

And yes, I removed the 1Reg on the map too. There's now 8 HRE units in Szigetvar, rather than 9.

garbon

Playing Protestant Home Card (Calvinist Zeal) for 7 conversion attempts in France and 7 conversion attempts in Netherlands.
QuoteRequest: 6-sided die x 12

Message from Protestants:
First 6 rolls for France and 2nd 6 rolls for Netherlands. Per home card only rolling 12 times as 1 die is set 6 for both French and Dutch attempts.

In France - Paris (6) and Calais (4) convert and Calais falls to unrest.
In Netherlands - Brussels (6), Amsterdam (6), Rotterdam (6) and Brielle (5) convert.

File in a few secs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

garbon

On to Tamas if Berk is happy with my reading of the rules.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I did fuck up that Paris vs. Calais bit. I guess I'd have to re-allocate the 6 to Calais? Does a leader count as a unit for purposes of conversion (I see that it doesn't for rebellions)?

Alright took a look at (18.5) and it looks like just regulars and naval units from France...in which case my 6 goes to Calais and 4 goes to Paris.

Tamas

4 galleys are raised via the Grand Vizier home card, in Coron, putting them under the command of Dragut, the only remaining, easily killable-via-event, Ottoman naval leader. (thanks Habs! :P )

Tamas

Spain's Knights of St. John event forced me to give him a random card from my hand. A pretty sweet one, too.

I would like to point out to the other players, busy pretending they are doing something, that Spain has 9 cards plus home card after 2 impulses.
Just letting you know, who knows maybe it's time France kills off one of my other leaders, or England wants to send one more colony to the Falklands or whatever. :P

ulmont

Hawkins is more successful in the Spanish Main, scoring one piracy hit before moving to the Antilles and delivering his colony.

garbon

Habbaku

Quote#72: 4 / War with Poland

Message from France:
For CPs :

1-2/4 - Suppress Heresy.
3/4 - Montmorency and friends to La Rochelle. Assuming Garbon's forces retreat into fortress.
4/4 - Send expedition with Villegaignon and free colony to Guinea Coast.

Off to Drakken.

Suppression converted Paris, Rouen and Amboise but caused unrest in Amboise.

Off to Drakken.

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Drakken

Playing Home Card "Holy Roman Intercession". Turned over on the Power Card.

- HRE Declares WAR on the Ottomans. Marker put.
- HRE Becomes ALLIED to Spain. Marker put.
- 2 Reg placed on Szigetvar (Any 2 Land Units may be added to an HRE Home Space, as stated on the card). Leader had already been moved there last Impulse.
- Ottomans to roll 5 dices for Unrest in the HRE. Each '1' allows Ottomans to place an Unrest marker on an HRE unoccupied space.

Want to roll the dice yourself, Tamas?

Tamas