John has a long mustache - Edward the Asshole plans to invade Normandy

Started by Ed Anger, April 08, 2012, 06:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

With events here in Ohio making me all morose and shit(mind your own bidness), I've decided to actually get off my ass and get a property in Normandy.

First looks:

http://www.french-property.com/vp/nv/ds/lower-normandy-manche-avranches-mill/id/336159/fp/http:||www.french-property.com/

http://www.lemoulindeschateaux.com/

Two houses on 3 hectares (8 acres)
    Substantial outbuildings/workshops
    2 fishing lakes in the woods
    The Cottage - 2 bedrooms
    The Mill, 30yds away - 4 beds

:mmm:

Cons are that the houses split the bedrooms. With small kids, that just ain't going to fly. Unless I bring the nanny over also.

Pros that is only 400K euros and this bit:

QuoteHowever it is believed to be one of the two mills to be given to Hugues, Bishop of Avranches by Robert the Magnificent, Duke of Normandy after his pilgrimage to the area in the 10th century.

I can pretend to be a noble and wear my Burger King crown.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Darth Wagtaros

If you get the Germans involved odds are you can halve the price.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 08, 2012, 07:16:30 PM
So who's going to live there the other 50 weeks of the year?

I'm assuming I'll rent it out. No dogs or Polacks allowed.

CountDeMoney

Personally, I'd spend the money on a classic muscle car, but hey.  Looks cute.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 08, 2012, 07:47:59 PM
Personally, I'd spend the money on a classic muscle car, but hey.  Looks cute.

I thought about getting Dad a car. I'd love to find him a good good '57 Chevy.

Jacob

Looks awesome.

What is it about Normandy that attracts you, as opposed to any of the other bits of France?

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on April 08, 2012, 08:27:20 PM
Looks awesome.

What is it about Normandy that attracts you, as opposed to any of the other bits of France?

Wife likes it. I find it tolerable.

Zoupa

Normandy is kinda rainy and damp  :(

Also, expect major renovations in anything you buy in France, and expect to have it take forever. It won't be up to standards for sure. If you only go there a few weeks a year and rent it out the rest of the time, you might not care though.

Just a heads up, camarade.

Ed Anger

Also, expect major renovations in anything you buy in France, and expect to have it take forever. It won't be up to standards for sure

So it is like having work done in Harlan Kentucky. The houses are wrecks, the contractors suck and there are no Mexicans to do the work.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zoupa on April 08, 2012, 09:14:02 PM
Also, expect major renovations in anything you buy in France, and expect to have it take forever.

In a related theme, that sort of reminded me of the project management thing we had going in London;  drinking at lunch and quitting promptly at 3pm, dropping everything.  You Euros are some lazy ass bastards.  :lol: