News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GOP Primary Megathread!

Started by jimmy olsen, December 19, 2011, 07:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe Republican National Committee says it raised $13.7 million in March, its best month of the cycle. The group had $32.7 million in cash at the end of the month but still carries $9.9 million left of the huge debt from last cycle.

A mystery donor gave $10 million to the pro-Republican nonprofit Crossroads GPS to run ads attacking President Obama. The huge contribution to Crossroads, a group founded with the help of Karl Rove, puts this anonymous donor among the top political givers.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 15, 2012, 08:10:48 PM

Yi said that that's a different sort issue than one that's recent or divisive.  The French relationship with the FLN and Algeria is the latter (they almost had a civil war over it) and it would even now be extraordinary for a French President to apologise to Algeria or the FLN leadership.

I could see Flanby or Mélencon (for instance in Marseille :rolleyes:) doing it.  :frog: :hmm:

Barrister

Quote from: Jaron on April 15, 2012, 10:37:09 PM
Romney is super popular here in Utah.

I wonder why that would be. :hmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Ted Nugent outlines the stakes of the upcoming election:

Quote from: Ted Nugent"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year. If you can't galvanize and promote and recruit people to vote for Mitt Romney, we're done. We'll be a suburb of Indonesia next year. Our president, attorney general, our vice president, Hillary Clinton — they're criminals, they're criminals. We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November. Any questions?"

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/04/ted-nugent-goes-nuts-on-obama-120674.html

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on April 16, 2012, 06:12:26 PM

Quote from: Ted Nugent"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year. If you can't galvanize and promote and recruit people to vote for Mitt Romney, we're done. We'll be a suburb of Indonesia next year. Our president, attorney general, our vice president, Hillary Clinton — they're criminals, they're criminals. We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November. Any questions?"

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/04/ted-nugent-goes-nuts-on-obama-120674.html

Ted Nugent voted "man most likely to be outfitted for padded cell".  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: Malthus on April 16, 2012, 06:15:03 PM

I'm informed that he's on the board of directors of the NRA.

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on April 16, 2012, 06:17:18 PM

I'm informed that he's on the board of directors of the NRA.

So the outfitting for a padded cell will have to be done carefully.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Hillary is not a criminal. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on April 16, 2012, 06:12:26 PM

That ol' draft-dodging rascal can't resist the emo even at age 63.   :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Dumbass.

QuoteFor telling National Rifle Association members over the weekend that "I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year" if President Obama is re-elected, rocker Ted Nugent has now attracted the attention of the Secret Service.

"We are aware of the incident, and we are conducting appropriate follow-up," Secret Service spokesman Brian Leary says.

Nugent, who is known for his conservative views, love of guns and for saying things about liberals that many find offensive, isn't backing down.

"I will stand by my speech," he said on the Dana Loesch radio show Tuesday. "It was 100 percent positive. It's about 'we the people' taking back our American dream from the corrupt monsters in the federal government under this administration and the communist czars [Obama has] appointed."

"I've never in my life threatened anyone's life," he added.

Judge for yourself. The NRA has posted video of Nugent's appearance. Fast forward to about the 5:00 mark if you want to focus on the "dead or in jail" comment.

During the 2008 presidential campaign, Nugent infamously and profanely expressed his opinion of Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton.

His latest comment prompted Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz to refer to Nugent as a "Romney surrogate" — the rocker has endorsed presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

Andrea Saul, a spokeswoman for the Romney campaign issued a statement Tuesday saying that "divisive language is offensive no matter what side of the political aisle it comes from. Mitt Romney believes everyone needs to be civil."

So we can now add Nugent's "dead or in jail" remark to the expanding list of campaign controversies, which last week saw the addition of Democratic consultant Hilary Rosen's comment that Ann Romney has "never worked a day in her life."

Ed Anger

Stranglehold is also 5 minutes too long.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

From a law enforcement perspective, there certainly is a bona fide reason to find out why he'd "either be dead or in jail by this time next year."

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2012, 09:01:47 AM
From a law enforcement perspective, there certainly is a bona fide reason to find out why he'd "either be dead or in jail by this time next year."

Yeah.  It is almost certain that the blowhard is too gutless to carry out the implied threat, but you can't take any chances.

I'm kinda surprised not to have heard anything from the NRA on this.  The NRA seems to comment on every even-faintly-ridiculous thing said by its opponents, so should be conscious of the need to at least distance itself from the most outrageous of its own groupies, especially when it has elevated them to its board of directors.  I know it is an organization by and for emos, but it has, in the past, worked hard to conceal that fact.  Allowing an emo to be their front man kinda undoes all their camouflage work.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2012, 09:01:47 AM
Or make it a self-fulfilling prophecy for that matter.