Two depressing sex related news from the UK and US

Started by The Larch, December 15, 2011, 08:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 15, 2011, 10:21:35 AM
I'm always deeply skeptical of these "huge numbers of women raped" stories.  A while back they were pushing the line that 1/3 of college women had been sexually assaulted.  Turns out they included "unwelcome sexual advances" in that category.

Yes that is why I wanted to be clear on the definition.  If they only include actual acts of penetration then I can get on board.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on December 15, 2011, 10:40:53 AM
Yes that is why I wanted to be clear on the definition.  If they only include actual acts of penetration then I can get on board.

Wow. Just wow.  :huh:

Ideologue

Anyway, has anyone ever seen Tape?  It's a great movie.  One-scene film.  Richard Linklater adapting a stage play, iirc.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on December 15, 2011, 10:42:27 AM

Ok what are you getting all hyperbolic and insane about now?  I just want a clear definition of what we are talking about when giving out stats like that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on December 15, 2011, 10:45:32 AM
Quote from: Martinus on December 15, 2011, 10:42:27 AM

Ok what are you getting all hyperbolic and insane about now?  I just want a clear definition of what we are talking about when giving out stats like that.

I find it disgusting that you would get on board with forcible penetration. I thought you had higher moral standards.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on December 15, 2011, 10:47:52 AM
I find it disgusting that you would get on board with forcible penetration. I thought you had higher moral standards.

:lol:

Oh I meant onboard with accepting the stats on rape not onboard with forcible penetration. :blush:

Richard Hakluyt

They are just asking for it unless they rig boarding-netting  :pirate

Admiral Yi

If that 20% includes women who had sex while they were drunk or stoned that's not a real shocker.  Well, maybe a shocker that it's not much higher.

Richard Hakluyt

I assume it must mean incapably drunk, otherwise just about every adult in Britain has been raped at some time or another  :hmm:

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

What if a woman is so smitten by you that she's essentially unable to think clearly, and give informed consent?  Is it still rape?  :unsure:

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on December 15, 2011, 11:41:29 AM
What if a woman is so smitten by you that she's essentially unable to think clearly, and give informed consent?  Is it still rape?  :unsure:

I didn't mean to have sex!  I was uinder the influence of sexual arrousal!

I like it.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DGuller on December 15, 2011, 11:41:29 AM

Stop worrying about things that are never gonna happen.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?