News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2012

Started by Maladict, December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Iormlund on February 03, 2012, 01:25:36 PM
I worked out for a couple hours, but then I came home and still cannot sweat. My thermometer says my core temp is 35'7º C anyway, so I'm not concerned, but it is quite uncomfortable to feel hot all this time.

Hmm, weird, no doubt Brazen will know what's up.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Did 38 mile on the bike this evening, wasn't too cold, not much traffic about.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on February 05, 2012, 10:25:15 PM
38 miles? :blink:

It's on a bike, so not quite as strenuous as Cecil's daily half-marathons. :yeahright:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Brazen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 29, 2012, 12:22:02 PM
Dropped 3 more lbs this week;  that's 15 in three weeks.  There's a noticeable drop in my waistline now, and everybody sees the loss in my face;  apparently that's the first place it goes when I gain weight.

I'd love to start working out to accelerate the process, but my BP is still far too high at this point to exert too much.  New meds are wrecking havoc at the moment.
Nice work there mister. Can you walk or swim even if it's dead slow without busting an artery? Half an hour building up to an hour is a fantastic start and will help keep that rate of weight loss up.

Brazen

Quote from: mongers on February 03, 2012, 01:36:00 PM
I worked out for a couple hours, but then I came home and still cannot sweat. My thermometer says my core temp is 35'7º C anyway, so I'm not concerned, but it is quite uncomfortable to feel hot all this time.

First up, are you properly hydrated? If you haven't drunk enough water before and during, your body clings on to every drop.

Are you new to this level of exercise? Sweating is to a certain extent a learned response. I just used to go purple in the face when I started out but was of the "You don't sweat much for a fat lass" variety. Now I drip attractively all over the treadmill.

PDH

I sweat like a fire hose. When I go on one of my 30 miles bikes in the summer I can find my way home by the line of salt left on the pavement.  Really, it is one of my most attractive features.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

I walked from the master suite to the family room.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Iormlund

Quote from: Brazen on February 06, 2012, 09:30:01 AM
Quote from: mongers on February 03, 2012, 01:36:00 PM

First up, are you properly hydrated? If you haven't drunk enough water before and during, your body clings on to every drop.

Are you new to this level of exercise? Sweating is to a certain extent a learned response. I just used to go purple in the face when I started out but was of the "You don't sweat much for a fat lass" variety. Now I drip attractively all over the treadmill.

I was properly hydrated, yes.

It seems as if my skin temperature goes out of sync with my core temperature after the transition from cold outside temperatures (mostly due to the biting wind) to warm indoor temperatures plus exercise at the gym. Today I experienced something similar, but to a lesser degree.

CountDeMoney

Wooties, 3 more lbs this week.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 06, 2012, 01:34:36 PM
Wooties, 3 more lbs this week.

:thumbsup:

Don't go too far and do an Ide on us, insisting on only chasing 'thinnies'   :D

Ideologue

Trust me, I'd fuck a fat chick, I'm just not, as a rule, going to fantasize about it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on February 06, 2012, 03:13:50 PM
Trust me, I'd fuck a fat chick, I'm just not, as a rule, going to fantasize about it.

Lane Bryant is a great pickup spot.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

fhdz

I've lost 7 lbs since last Monday.
and the horse you rode in on

mongers