News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2012

Started by Maladict, December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on January 26, 2012, 11:43:50 PM
I'm just going to hope having a reasonably active lifestyle again and having to feed myself puts me back in shape naturally.

Go to law school.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on January 26, 2012, 11:43:50 PM
I'm in the :ph34r: stage. It remains too cold outside! And doubtless other excuses too. I'm just going to hope having a reasonably active lifestyle again and having to feed myself puts me back in shape naturally.

So walk in place in front of the tv. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

BuddhaRhubarb

Been doing a lot of stretching exercise, sit-ups and more walking, less beer, fatty foods. feeling pretty good, seeing some small progress on waist flab.

small progress is way better than no progress. Belts are being tightened.
:p

fhdz

Quote from: Ideologue on January 26, 2012, 11:30:33 PM
Ha ha!

Anyway, I ate two burritos and a large pizza.  I was below 160 for about three hours. :P

Jesus christ :bleeding: Slow, painful suicide by food.
and the horse you rode in on

mongers

Popped out on the single speed to my favourite hill fort, did a quick 30-35 miles on a rather pleasant January afternoon.  :bowler:

Probably done a bit over 400 miles on the bike this month, ok for a winter month, something tells me February is going to be a b****.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: fahdiz on January 27, 2012, 05:30:04 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 26, 2012, 11:30:33 PM
Ha ha!

Anyway, I ate two burritos and a large pizza.  I was below 160 for about three hours. :P

Jesus christ :bleeding: Slow, painful suicide by food.

Yeah, real slow, real painful--it'll take forty or fifty years and keep me sensible for all the horrors life can possibly still inflict on me.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fahdiz on January 24, 2012, 06:27:32 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2012, 04:33:54 PM
Started my DASH diet and capping at 2,000 calories a day.
12 lbs in 2 weeks.  Not bad.

:thumbsup:

Dropped 3 more lbs this week;  that's 15 in three weeks.  There's a noticeable drop in my waistline now, and everybody sees the loss in my face;  apparently that's the first place it goes when I gain weight.

I'd love to start working out to accelerate the process, but my BP is still far too high at this point to exert too much.  New meds are wrecking havoc at the moment.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 29, 2012, 12:22:02 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on January 24, 2012, 06:27:32 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2012, 04:33:54 PM
Started my DASH diet and capping at 2,000 calories a day.
12 lbs in 2 weeks.  Not bad.

:thumbsup:

Dropped 3 more lbs this week;  that's 15 in three weeks.  There's a noticeable drop in my waistline now, and everybody sees the loss in my face;  apparently that's the first place it goes when I gain weight.

I'd love to start working out to accelerate the process, but my BP is still far too high at this point to exert too much.  New meds are wrecking havoc at the moment.

Good work Money, keep it up, slowly but surely.  :)

Drakken

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 29, 2012, 12:22:02 PM

The first - and hardest - place the fat goes is around the belly, it's where the body naturally stores the most and the densest fat cells. But we have fat everywhere, under our skin, around our face, legs, hands, arms, and buttocks, even inside our muscle fibers.

Don't accelerate the loss too much, though, because otherwise you'll be losing lean muscle mass as well. 1-2 pounds per week is good, most of it is fat, but unless you're insanely overweight losing more than that means you're losing muscle mass as well.

FunkMonk

Got up and ran around a bit today; first time in two weeks since my calf injury. Felt good. It feels a little bit tight still, but I'm thinking it'll be gone after one more week of light running.

That is until I got pulled into an intramural soccer game and ran my ass off for forty minutes. No injuries to report though.  :)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Drakken on January 29, 2012, 05:16:34 PMDon't accelerate the loss too much, though, because otherwise you'll be losing lean muscle mass as well. 1-2 pounds per week is good, most of it is fat, but unless you're insanely overweight losing more than that means you're losing muscle mass as well.

Dude, I stopped competitive bodybuilding almost 20 years ago.  Don't tell me about muscle mass loss.  What do you think I've been watching happen the last 20 years?  :P

Jaron

I'm glad to see you're dropping it so quickly CdM. I probably should get myself on something too.  :hmm: I can't eat like Ide and lounge about like Yi. 
I've got to find some kind of balance.  :hmm:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Iormlund

I don't know whether it is due to outside freezing temps (with strong wind) but I haven't been able to sweat since noon, not even at the gym, despite plenty of exercise and warm indoor temps. Had to go throw cold water over my head every once in a while for hours.

mongers

Quote from: Iormlund on February 03, 2012, 01:12:33 PM
I don't know whether it is due to outside freezing temps (with strong wind) but I haven't been able to sweat since noon, not even at the gym, despite plenty of exercise and warm indoor temps. Had to go throw cold water over my head every once in a while for hours.

Your thermostat is broken, get one of these:
http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/greening-my-home-2.jpg

PS do you really exercise for that long ?

Iormlund

I worked out for a couple hours, but then I came home and still cannot sweat. My thermometer says my core temp is 35'7ยบ C anyway, so I'm not concerned, but it is quite uncomfortable to feel hot all this time.