News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

pig pandemonium

Started by saskganesh, April 27, 2009, 09:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

lots of breathless news out there.

so, what's your take? is this something to be seriously alarmed about?

edit: dump this thread. I didn't see the main one.
humans were created in their own image

Ed Anger

I fully plan on panicking.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I took Zicam yesterday.  The label says it's "homopathic" or something, but I assume if they gays use it, it must be good.  ME = SAFE.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

vinraith

Quote from: Caliga on April 27, 2009, 10:21:06 AM
I took Zicam yesterday.  The label says it's "homopathic" or something, but I assume if they gays use it, it must be good.  ME = SAFE.  :cool:

:lol: Congratulations, that's actually a better operational theory than the actual "reasoning" behind homeopathy.

Caliga

Richard Hakluyt

It's been a long time since thelast major flu epidemic, 1968 IIRC. It will happen again some time and this looks like a potential candidate.

Caliga

Wasn't the last one also a swine flu?

saskganesh

apparently 4000 people die a year in this country because of "normal" flus. I'm not really that concerned; I am concerned about the hype.
humans were created in their own image

Richard Hakluyt

According to wikipedia the '68 virus was a mutation of the Asian flu virus, which in turn "originated from mutation in wild ducks combining with a pre-existing human strain".

DontSayBanana

It might have had swine genetic material. IIRC, swine genetic material is one of the closest to humans, so mutation of swine viruses has a high risk of jumping species to human.
Experience bij!

Richard Hakluyt

crazy canuck

Quote from: saskganesh on April 27, 2009, 10:53:26 AM
apparently 4000 people die a year in this country because of "normal" flus. I'm not really that concerned; I am concerned about the hype.

Hype never killed anyone.  Unless they happened to be in a soccer stadium at the time.

Sheilbh

I panic bought corned beef this afternoon :)
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

I'm travelling to a far away remote island to escape from this. Then again, Tenerife isn't really either.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Quote from: vinraith on April 27, 2009, 10:43:09 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 27, 2009, 10:21:06 AM

:lol: Congratulations, that's actually a better operational theory than the actual "reasoning" behind homeopathy.

Heh, you know, that's actually true.  :D

Homeopathy is one of those things that are so inherently stupid it makes me wonder about the human race.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius