News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Occupy Warsaw

Started by Martinus, October 15, 2011, 08:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Apparently only 150 people came to protest against capitalism in Warsaw today. :unsure:

Most of them are high schoolers.

Neil

You didn't go to the protest?  What would your fellow Apple product users say?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Maximus

:yawn: People have occupied Warsaw before.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on October 15, 2011, 08:05:52 AM
Apparently only 150 people came to protest against capitalism in Warsaw today. :unsure:

Most of them are high schoolers.

Invite 1ste Panzerarmeé or the 2nd Belorussian Front and you'll get better turnout.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Incidentally, if the gold standard is a visible sign of economist ignorami on the right, on the left it's this: introduce progressive corporate income tax. :bleeding:

Sheilbh

I briefly went to the occupy London Stock Exchange protests.  They were interesting.  One thing that struck me was that the Transport for London workers were cheering them on and wishing people good luck.

I also saw Peter Tatchell.
Let's bomb Russia!

HisMajestyBOB

Once again lame foreigners have to copy Americans.  :yawn:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 15, 2011, 10:34:39 AM
Once again lame foreigners have to copy Americans.  :yawn:

I think that should happen more often.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Really? Because Rome copied our protestors and that led to riots.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I was speaking in general, not regarding protests in particular.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2011, 10:48:47 PM
I wish we'd copy them.  We need some high-profile martyrs to get the ball really rolling.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on October 15, 2011, 11:31:29 PM
I wish we'd copy them.  We need some high-profile martyrs to get the ball really rolling.

Who will really be that distraught over some dead brooklynites after the police are forced to beat them down? :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Apparently the turnout in Vienna was also ca. 150, organizers had hoped for 2000-5000 people.

VIenna is not exactly a symbol of capitalism, more of cronyism among the political elite and businesses.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on October 15, 2011, 11:51:44 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 15, 2011, 11:31:29 PM

Who will really be that distraught over some dead brooklynites after the police are forced to beat them down? :rolleyes:

You're right.  Beatings and homicides have never, ever sparked any sort of reaction, whether it be mere violent upswell or political will for change.

The important part is to be sympathetic while they're getting hurt or killed.  I would also suggest maybe some self-immolations.  It accelerated things in South Vietnam.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)