News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Going that Extra Mile ...

Started by Malthus, September 01, 2011, 01:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Really, I would have thought this would make the ad campaign *more* effective. Maybe it's intentional.  :D

QuoteHong Kong (CNN) -- A sex scandal that recently put Cathay Pacific into a tailspin is now causing more turmoil for the Hong Kong-based airline.

The carrier launched an investigation last week after explicit photos, purportedly showing a sex act involving a male and female employee in a plane's cockpit, were published in newspapers and online.

The embarrassing episode has now affected Cathay's newest phase of its "People and Service" marketing campaign, which uses the catchphrase "the team who go the extra mile to make you feel special."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/08/15/cathay.scandal/index.html?iref=obinsite
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Cecil

Valmy

I do not get the scandal.  Two employees of this airline hooked up in the cockpit and somebody snapped some pictures.  Why couldn't that happen to any airline?  Two employees behaving badly means the whole airline is in trouble?

Or did the airline itself stage this and it backfired?  Huh?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on September 01, 2011, 02:15:34 PM
I do not get the scandal.  Two employees of this airline hooked up in the cockpit and somebody snapped some pictures.  Why couldn't that happen to any airline?  Two employees behaving badly means the whole airline is in trouble?

The idea is that it would lead the slogan to be lampooned and ridiculed.

Of course, the whole thing may be intentional, to create interest.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Elaborate.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on September 01, 2011, 02:38:57 PM

Elaborate.

Explain.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on September 01, 2011, 02:44:18 PM
Quote from: The Brain on September 01, 2011, 02:38:57 PM

Elaborate.

Explain.

What does it matter if it could happen to any airline?

An airline whose safety culture is so poor that two employees have sex in the cockpit may reasonably be in trouble IMHO. Why wouldn't it be?

Razgovory

It's Asia.  Several people will have to kill themselves and their children will live lives of shame because of this.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

They dishonored their families' ancestors' ghosts or something, probably.

Eddie Teach

You haven't lived until you've had sex while flying a plane.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Habsburg

You know I never got the Korean Air ads.

Giant caucasian model ladies eating fruit over various destinations.
Cut to Three Giant Korean Model walking weird over the Inchon Airport Hub.

Back to a Giant caucasian model couple eating fruit.

"Korean Air, excellence inflight"

Why don't you show me your First Class Sleeper Seats? 
Giant models giving lesbian death stares don't get me on your flights.

The Brain

Quote from: Habsburg on September 01, 2011, 03:48:29 PM
Quote from: Habsburg on September 01, 2011, 03:47:34 PM
You know I never got the Korean Air ads.

Giant caucasian model ladies eating fruit over various destinations.
Cut to Three Giant Korean Model walking weird over the Inchon Airport Hub.

Back to a Giant caucasian model couple eating fruit.

"Korean Air, excellence inflight"

Why don't you show me your First Class Sleeper Seats? 
Giant models giving lesbian death stares don't get me on your flights.

Admiral Yi

So go ahead and fly Northwest with their Bella Abzug looking stewardesses Habs.