How should I vote in Polish parliamentary elections?

Started by Martinus, August 30, 2011, 02:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How should I vote in Polish parliamentary elections?

Civic Platform (PO)
14 (48.3%)
Alliance of Democratic Left (SLD)
6 (20.7%)
The Movement (Ruch Poparcia)
9 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Martinus

So, Palikot's (the last name of the "hard core alcoholic") Movement has polled higher than the social-democrats today, for the first time in its history. It seems to be on a surge, and well poised to become the third biggest party in the parliament. Unless something game-changing happens, he gets my vote next Sunday.

Zanza

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,790034,00.html
QuoteNow, just days before Sunday's parliamentary election in Poland, Jaroslaw Kaczynski has grabbed the headlines with a whole new batch of conspiracy theories. And this time he's writing about Poland's neighbor Germany.

Among the wild claims in his new book, "The Poland of Our Dreams," Kaczynski suggests that Berlin would like to annex the areas in western Poland that used to belong to Germany until the end of World War II. "(German Chancellor Angela) Merkel belongs to a generation of German politicians that would like to reinstate Germany's imperial power," writes Kaczynski. "A strategic axis with Moscow is part of that." Poland can only be an obstacle in that respect, he continues, adding that Germany would need to "subdue our country, one way or another."

He also expressed his opposition to German investment in western Poland. "We could wake up to a smaller Poland one day," he warns.

'Not Pure Chance'

Most outlandishly, Kaczynski also insinuates in the book that the feared East German secret police, the Stasi, could have helped Merkel, who grew up in East Germany, gain power. "I don't think that the awarding of the chancellorship to Angela Merkel was pure chance," he writes -- conveniently ignoring the fact that Merkel became chancellor in 2005, some 15 years after the Stasi ceased to exist.
:lol:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Fate

Can Germany really make any serious promises that there will never be a fifth partition of Poland? Four was enough.  :rolleyes:

Martinus

Oh great, that idiot's ramblings have gone international.  :rolleyes:

We have elections this Sunday, so he is doing all he can to get the stupid vote. In Poland, it is a significant demographic.