Main Menu

2012=1860?

Started by Tamas, August 10, 2011, 03:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 10, 2011, 10:56:23 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2011, 10:01:09 PM
Who is Lucas Lee?

Second evil ex from Scott Pilgrim.  I guess the vegan superpowers jokes were wearing thin.

I still say the funniest bit was Tom Jane, as the vegan police, giving the supergay high-five.

I don't understand what the hell you are talking about.  I'm guessing that Seedy is posting irrelevant bullshit in a thread where he sees irrelevant bullshit again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2011, 11:05:47 PM
I don't understand what the hell you are talking about.  I'm guessing that Seedy is posting irrelevant bullshit in a thread where he sees irrelevant bullshit again.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World?  Kiddie-hipster movie about a dude who has to fight this chick's evil exes before he can bang her?  Second bad dude is an action movie actor who can make "stunt doubles" of himself, a la Multiple Man.
Experience bij!

Razgovory

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 10, 2011, 11:19:50 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 10, 2011, 11:05:47 PM

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World?  Kiddie-hipster movie about a dude who has to fight this chick's evil exes before he can bang her?  Second bad dude is an action movie actor who can make "stunt doubles" of himself, a la Multiple Man.

Ed said not to see Cera movies.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tonitrus

Turtledove and Richard Dreyfus is quite the unholy marriage.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 11, 2011, 01:18:25 AM

Incorrect.  A guy named Sobel.  For Want of a Nail, written in the 1970's.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Razgovory on August 11, 2011, 01:31:09 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on August 11, 2011, 01:18:25 AM

Incorrect.  A guy named Sobel.  For Want of a Nail, written in the 1970's.

My point still stands independently.

garbon

I guess Seedster has a man crush on Chris Evans - mind you, who doesn't? :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

Jefferson never stepped foot in Texas in his life.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 10, 2011, 05:10:19 PM
Quote from: Slargos on August 10, 2011, 05:06:02 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 10, 2011, 05:01:31 PM
And retard map shows up again

If you just learn to accept the inevitable instead of fear it, things will go a lot more smoothly for you.

I accept that notion the map is fucking retarded.
seconded
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 11, 2011, 10:29:54 AM

Wasn't the State of Jefferson suggested at a few times for parts of Texas?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Nor did Washington ever set foot in Washington.  :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 11, 2011, 08:28:27 AM
I guess Seedster has a man crush on Chris Evans - mind you, who doesn't? :wub:

He was definitely the best evil ex.

Viking

Quote from: garbon on August 11, 2011, 10:48:14 AM

Wasn't the State of Jefferson suggested at a few times for parts of Texas?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_State

Colorado + bits of Wyoming, Nebraska, New Mexico and Oklahoma Panhandle - changed to present plan after the square state had to be changed due to slavery debate and the 3 high 5 wide plan for the plains states originally planned

West Texas - basically a plea for more resources from San Antonio

Border counties between California and Oregon - basically a plea for better local infrastructure

there have been many attempts at a state of Jefferson.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.