News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Weather WTF

Started by Martinus, July 03, 2011, 03:17:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

January and February have had many very nice spring days in Stockholm.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

Quote from: Liep on February 23, 2020, 11:08:40 AM
The record has been broken: wettest February ever in Denmark! And the forecast has 6 days of rain ahead.  :showoff:

Same here, Wettest February on record, for 158 years, 202mm beating 1990's 193mm.

Will it ever stop raining?  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

KRonn

We had some heavy, nasty winds here yesterday. Gusts up to and over 60mph. That freaked me out a bit.   :wacko:

mongers

First significant rain here in more than a month. :bowler:

Admiral Yi

Snow in the middle of April.  Sticking on the ground.  :(

KRonn

Weather forecast overnight is for a couple inches of snow! Mostly slushy, wet stuff that will probably melt by day's end anyway.

Liep

It's been sunny since the beginning of March and but it has been very windy. Today it was below 5 m/s and it was glorious. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

KRonn

We got about an inch or a bit more of wet snow last night and this morning. Already much of it has melted. I had noticed that my lawn would need mowing soon, even this weekend maybe but the snow and wet grass would have prevented that. I'll probably mow the first time next week sometime.

Syt

Winter and spring so far are among the warmest on record here. No surprise on winter - we had hardly any days near freezing point.

Also, this is again a year with a severe shortage of rainfall. 50% less precipitation than in average years; the 2nd or 3rd year in a row now.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

Temperatures are a little bit above freezing in Stockholm and there's a hint of snow in the air. Global warming = FAKE HOAX. Thanks Obama!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

We had like no winter, but spring has been bizarrely cold.  It actually got to below freezing last Friday night. :wacko:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

It is unbearably hot outside right now. I felt like I was cooking myself going outside.

Apparently it is going to stay bad and get worse, with humidex up to 42 on Sunday. That's 108 in freedom units. 😉

https://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=55d341198274fcc5&hl=en&gl=CA&source=web

Pity for anyone without air conditioning right now ...

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on July 02, 2020, 02:46:53 PM
It is unbearably hot outside right now. I felt like I was cooking myself going outside.

Apparently it is going to stay bad and get worse, with humidex up to 42 on Sunday. That's 108 in freedom units. 😉

Pity for anyone without air conditioning right now ...

Good grief, we had a 'hot spell' a couple of weeks ago, all of about 30C for two/three days, but nothing as unforgiving as your situation.

Malthus

It's being in the middle of a continent - all weather tends to extremes. Freezing cold in winter, baking hot in summer.

We don't get any of that sweet, sweet ocean currents moderating ...

To make matters worse, not a cloud in the sky for the longest time, and looks like none in the forecast. Seems all we do is water our plants! Lawn is going dormant no matter how much we water.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Yeah, it's going to be crazy humid in Montreal for the next week too. Humidex of 40s. Nothing record breaking announced so far.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.