News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Work Romance

Started by MadImmortalMan, May 16, 2011, 09:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Have you ever dated/had sex with a co-worker?

Yes
14 (33.3%)
Yes and it was a person who reported to me
4 (9.5%)
Nope
24 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Drakken

Quote from: Valmy on May 17, 2011, 01:38:48 PM
Ah Drakken being all badass and awesome because he once kissed a girl at work.

If only we could all be so hard core as you lady killer.

And you, what did you kiss at work outside of your boss' ass, mister "girls don't like me nice guy"?

As I said, I don't shit where I eat usually. She was the exception, we had a bit of fun, and it ended when she left her job.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on May 17, 2011, 01:43:46 PM
Yes. she left her boyfriend too... and then went crazy. never again.

She left her BF to be with you?  Were you informed of this plan?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on May 17, 2011, 01:45:53 PM
Quote from: HVC on May 17, 2011, 01:43:46 PM
Yes. she left her boyfriend too... and then went crazy. never again.

She left her BF to be with you?  Were you informed of this plan?
Yes. Things just moved quickly. Playful flirting turned into a lot more. then she went back to ex, snapped and started accusing random people of sexual harassment (at the BF's behest). I got really paranoid and printed out like text logs (not actual script, receipt and sent logs) and phone logs. Thankfully i was never mentioned and when she was threatened with a  court battle she took back her claims and disappeared.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: Drakken on May 17, 2011, 01:45:14 PM
And you, what did you kiss at work outside of your boss' ass, mister "girls don't like me nice guy"?

I am way too passive aggressive to kiss any of my boss' asses :P

Anyway never had anybody I was even interested in kissing at any of my jobs.  I did not even get to fail ineptly by being "nice" (though I am not really that nice I am a bit of jerk really).

I just ain't got what you got playa.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Drakken

Quote from: HVC on May 17, 2011, 01:48:12 PM
Yes. Things just moved quickly. Playful flirting turned into a lot more. then she went back to ex, snapped and started accusing random people of sexual harassment (at the BF's behest). I got really paranoid and printed out like text logs (not actual script, receipt and sent logs) and phone logs. Thankfully i was never mentioned and when she was threatened with a  court battle she took back her claims and disappeared.

This is why it's better not to shit where we eat. No use risking his job and professional reputation over a female getting ideas.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on May 17, 2011, 01:48:12 PM

Woah.  You were not paranoid at all that could have been your career.

HVC

Quote from: Drakken on May 17, 2011, 01:52:07 PM
This is why it's better not to shit where we eat. No use risking his job and professional reputation over a female getting ideas.
in this case it was mainly her dickhead ex. It all started because i offered encouragement for her to leave him (without ulterior motives, really, i swear :P ) and then things kind of spiraled. but really she had other issues didn't see until it was too late (probably cause she was hot). i know plenty of people who had successful workplace relationships. i just seem to attract (or be attracted to i guess :D ) slightly crazy girls which in the workplace offers other challenges. so for me it's a never again type thing.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on May 17, 2011, 01:54:39 PM
Woah.  You were not paranoid at all that could have been your career.
indeed. i only found out because her boss was my friend. she was a new hire. He(her boss) knew about us because she told him. so i had that going for me too.

Drakken

Quote from: HVC on May 17, 2011, 01:55:35 PM
in this case it was mainly her dickhead ex. It all started because i offered encouragement for her to leave him (without ulterior motives, really, i swear :P ) and then things kind of spiraled. but really she had other issues didn't see until it was too late (probably cause she was hot). i know plenty of people who had successful workplace relationships. i just seem to attract (or be attracted to i guess :D ) slightly crazy girls which in the workplace offers other challenges. so for me it's a never again type thing.

Even if she was sane and square, you never know what can happen if things get sour, or if you do the wrong advances at the wrong time, or on the wrong person. It takes only a scorned former hook-up reporting you for harassment just to piss you off and get back at you to put your career and reputation in jeopardy.

Ain't work the risk, when there are so many girls outside of work.

The Larch

I once hooked up with a former co-worker. There was some flirting when she was still working with me, and when she left the job and was going to leave town we hooked up for a couple of sleepovers.

Also, when I was interning at the beginning of my career a hot, cute and big tittied co-worker with which I had fairly good chemistry hit on me during the work-sponsored Christmas party. It took steel nerves to resist that urge. A month afterwards she left the company and went to Indonesia for some NGO work with her boyfriend. Damn did that boat sail far away.

katmai

I miss pics of larchettes.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

dps

I met aa at work, but we didn't hook up until after we were no longer working together.  Actually, the same thing happened at a different job with SocialWorkerGirl.  In both cases, pretty much everybody at work knew we were going to hook up after we quit working together before I even knew.  That was because both of them had told my boss at that particular job that they wanted to date me, and asked about what company policy said about it.  (At the job where I worked with SocialWorkerGirl, it was a major no-no, but at the job where I worked with aa, it was OK, it not exactly encouraged.)  In both cases, the boss decided it would be fun to tell the rest of our co-workers about it, so everybody knew.  Though I think both aa and SocialWorkerGirl had already told some of our co-workers about it before the boss did.

Actually, CollegeGirlfriend, the 3rd woman I've ever been serious about, and I briefly worked together, but that was a completely different situation--she and I worked together almost 20 years after we dated. 

Pedrito

Quote from: Slargos on May 17, 2011, 12:52:38 PM
Quote from: Norgy on May 17, 2011, 12:49:58 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on May 17, 2011, 11:21:20 AM

And the fact they're my employees would make it not only awkward, but highly unadvisable.

L.

You're no real Italian.  <_<

Nah. It appears Pedrito is white after all.
:sleep:

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot: