What's Your Daily Commute and How Far Has Your Longest Been ?

Started by jamesww, April 26, 2011, 05:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

My current commute is 5.6 miles, one way.  Which is why I don't give a fuck about the price of oil anymore in my Jammin' Jeep Wrangler.
Longest was 32 miles, one way;  which translated into a 90-minute haul on the Mobtown Beltway.

Unless you count bail bonds as a commute, which could land my ass anywhere at a moment's notice.

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 26, 2011, 08:09:03 PM
Longest was 32 miles, one way;  which translated into a 90-minute haul on the Mobtown Beltway.
:blush: I had the 'pleasure' of driving on your funtastic beltway this past summer.  Apparently it was a less direct route for me but... I DON'T PAY TOLLS.  Except when I have to, that is, which is basically nonstop in Delaware and Jersey. :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2011, 08:00:04 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 26, 2011, 07:58:13 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2011, 07:56:27 PM
Mixed Race couple in the 90's? I SAW YOUR REACTION, YOU FUCKHEADS.
:unsure:

I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT.

Awww...Edwardo de Furious was seen with a polite little black girl once.  Awww.

Caliga

He's right, tho... people are racist in Boston.  Moreso than in the South, actually.  I know most of you people will never believe me, but it's the truth.  Lettuce = not a typical Southerner.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 26, 2011, 08:14:18 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2011, 08:00:04 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 26, 2011, 07:58:13 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2011, 07:56:27 PM
Mixed Race couple in the 90's? I SAW YOUR REACTION, YOU FUCKHEADS.
:unsure:

I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT.

Awww...Edwardo de Furious was seen with a polite little black girl once.  Awww.

I am multicultural.

Edwardo de Furious

I like that.  :lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on April 26, 2011, 08:12:15 PM
:blush: I had the 'pleasure' of driving on your funtastic beltway this past summer.  Apparently it was a less direct route for me but... I DON'T PAY TOLLS.

So, by trying to avoid a $2 toll, you spent it in gas going 75% farther out of your way. Brilliant!  :lol: AND you missed all the truck stops and their vending machine food!

Caliga

I don't think it was that far out of my way.  I had to go to Frederick anyways to pick up that interstate that goes out to West Virginia.

Also, I didn't need to stop anywhere closer to Bawlmer.  I'd already been to my beloved Roy Rogers at the Aberdeen rest area on 95. :wub:

HisMajestyBOB

My last job, in Korea, was 1 mile to work, which usually took about 20 minutes thanks to traffic lights.

Longest was ~50 miles, which took 1 hour (on the rare good day), 1.5-2 hours (on average), or 3+ hours (Friday afternoons during the summer).
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Tonitrus

My current commute is the longest I've had, about 6.5 miles/20 minutes one way.

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on April 26, 2011, 08:12:15 PM
:blush: I had the 'pleasure' of driving on your funtastic beltway this past summer.  Apparently it was a less direct route for me but... I DON'T PAY TOLLS.  Except when I have to, that is, which is basically nonstop in Delaware and Jersey. :mad:
Yeah, we do that.  :)  Sorry about your rectum.

DGuller

My current commute is about 5 minutes.  My longest commute was about 1 hour.

Martinus

Duque de Bragança

Longest commute was 75 minutes, now it's around 50 min. All by public transportation.

Syt

Half an hour on tram and subway.

Longest was: 15 minutes to the bus, then 45 minutes to train station, then 45 minutes by train, then 15 minutes on foot to the office, i.e. 2 hours. That was during th 12 months practical phase of my public administration education.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

My longest was when I was still living with my parents and driving to work (same place as now). It would be between 30 and 50 minutes, depending on traffic.