News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL 2011 season

Started by Alcibiades, April 19, 2011, 07:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Damn.  Supposedly the Texans are offering Nnamdi Asomugha $12-$14 million a year.  That's a lot of coin for ensuring that teams just constantly throw at whoever the other CB out there is.  I guess it would be better to force them to only use half the field while giving up 500 passing yards.  Then again, it might be better to go after a different, cheaper CB and use the money left over to keep Foster, etc, around.   Anyway, Asomugha might take a "pay cut" to be across from Revis.  That would be a really nasty CB combo.  San Francisco might have the money to get him as well.  I saw somewhere that they were letting Clements go. 

And speaking of a lot of coin, the Cardinals traded (supposedly) a high draft pick and Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie to the Eagles for Kevin Kolb, then gave Kolb an extension worth $63 million, with $20 million guaranteed. 

Also, Albert "Fat Fuck" Haynesworth to the Patriots and Reggie "Sideline to Sideline" Bush to the Dolphins.

E: Oh, the Texans are also looking to trade David Anderson and Amobi Okoye, so...I guess if any teams are looking for a "fan favorite" slow-ish white possession receiver, or an underachieving 24 year old DT with 4 NFL seasons under his belt, there they are.

Ed Anger

Mike Brown is a retard.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 28, 2011, 03:27:11 PM
Mike Brown is a retard.
Maybe he'll give $40 million in guaranteed money to some magic beans.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

QuoteSource: Chad Ochocinco to Patriots

Now trade Palmer away for draft picks, you fucking idiot team. Dump the dead weight.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Ah right on.  The Texans stopped fucking around with Asomugha and just agreed to a 5 year deal with Jonathan Joseph.  Hopefully he won't pull a Leinart and bail on them.

Wait, something called "JetsDraft" is saying they're still bidding on Asomugha as well. :blink:  There's no way they can afford both of those guys, so must be bullshit.  Anyway they're supposed to be one of the two "finalists" for Danieal Manning now.  Really working on the secondary this offseason.  Drafted 2 CBs and 1 S, signed (hopefully) another CB and are pursuing another S.

Edit:  Looks like $9 million a year.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

^^Haha man every time I see that gif I laugh.  What an asswipe.  Carter throwing dudes around trying to get to Vick.  Orakpo jumping all over the place in the passing lanes and trying to keep contain.  Fatass just laying there on the ground.

Grey Fox

I remember that, man that was funny.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

citizen k

Hasselbeck to Tennessee, Tarvaris Jackson joins Seattle's QB stable.

Sophie Scholl

Bruce Almighty to the Bungles.  I'll miss him. :cry:  I almost think the Raiders will make some crazy ass play for Nnamdi just because they're never listed as in the running.  It just reeks of a Crazy Al move.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Grey Fox

Atleast with all those trade watching Ochocinco in NE will make watching their game a little less boring.

Quebec is in Patriotards TV Zone. :(

Grey Fox

James Dukes is pretty awesome on NFL network. Dude's crazy fun.

MadBurgerMaker

The Texans agreed to a deal with Danieal Manning at some point last night.   :cool:

derspiess

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on July 29, 2011, 02:32:35 AM
Bruce Almighty to the Bungles.  I'll miss him. :cry:  I almost think the Raiders will make some crazy ass play for Nnamdi just because they're never listed as in the running.  It just reeks of a Crazy Al move.

He was one of about 7 or 8 QBs I started last year in LFFL.  He could be a great Bungles QB if he stays healthy. 

Kinda sad to see Chad Johnson go (partly because I need to get a new game-day jersey now) but at his age he's just not worth his salary.  Bellicheat will probably be able to squeeze out of him whatever he has left-- maybe he'll even try to run after catching the ball rather than just flopping down.

Bungles signed AJ Green, so their receiving corps looks solid if a bit young.  Best news though is that Brian Leonard has apparently re-upped for 2 years :punk:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox