News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ex-Israeli president gets 7 years in rape case

Started by jimmy olsen, March 22, 2011, 03:34:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Slargos, as a noted expert on the Jewish people, what are your thoughts on this case? :hmm:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42206797/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/
QuoteEx-Israeli president gets 7 years in rape case
Despite his conviction, Moshe Katsav denies charges he twice raped an aide

updated 12 minutes ago 2011-03-22T08:03:32

TEL AVIV, Israel — An Israeli court sentenced former Israeli President Moshe Katsav to seven years in prison on Tuesday for rape and other sexual offenses.

Katsav, convicted in December, has denied charges he twice raped an aide when he was tourism minister in 1998, and molested or sexually harassed two other women who worked for him during his 2000-2007 term as president.

He had faced up to 16 years in prison.

Intense public pressure forced him to resign two weeks before his term ended.

The case has made history in Israe
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 22, 2011, 03:34:15 AM
Katsav, convicted in December, has denied charges he twice raped an aide when he was tourism minister in 1998,

Two separate occasions? You would think after the first time the aide would find somewhere else to work.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Slargos

I think that they're simply throwing the dogs a bone.

"Ooooooooooooh lookshe at ushe, we throwsh the dogsh a booon"

Martinus

Shouldn't that be "Israeli ex-President"? Unless he suddenly stopped being an Israeli.

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 22, 2011, 03:41:03 AM
Katsav, convicted in December, has denied charges he twice raped an aide when he was tourism minister in 1998,

Two separate occasions? You would think after the first time the aide would find somewhere else to work.  :hmm:
You are a retard.

Caliga

The case has made history in Israe
:huh:

Were the reporter's services: no longer needed? :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Eddie Teach

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on March 22, 2011, 05:24:16 AM
Shouldn't that be "Israeli ex-President"? Unless he suddenly stopped being an Israeli.
You're right.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 22, 2011, 03:41:03 AM

You're right. And she was probably wearing a revealing outfit as well.  :P

Eddie Teach

So you and Marty would be willing to spend several hours of your day with somebody who had raped you? I just can't fathom that. Obviously most people don't quit jobs as readily as I do, but still...

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 22, 2011, 06:34:39 AM
So you and Marty would be willing to spend several hours of your day with somebody who had raped you? I just can't fathom that. Obviously most people don't quit jobs as readily as I do, but still...

I was joking.  :hug:

Caliga

Hmmm.... was it rape rape?  Somebody call rape rape expert Whoopi please and ask. :bowler:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 22, 2011, 06:34:39 AM

I hope you are trolling. Seriously. Rape in professional relationships does not need to involve physical coercion. And the reason why it doesn't is that the victim actually needs her job and as a result can be succesfully coerced/blackmailed into sex without violence (or threats of violence) being involved - so that explains why she doesn't quit her job immediately after being raped. I thought this is a pretty obvious and universally known fact - that's why I called you a retard - because this seems so blatantly obvious to me.  :huh:

Richard Hakluyt

I expect he told the aide that he was an Arab  :huh: