News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football '11-'12

Started by katmai, March 08, 2011, 11:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

I am a bit disappointed in the Michigan throwback uniform, because it is nothing of the sort.  It's a mix of elements from various uniforms, and so meaningless to me.  What's the point of wearing a "throwback" uniform that never existed?

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

How in the hell can you screw up Blue and yellow? You can if you add stripes to the shoulders. Yuck. Looks like a mutant barber's pole.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Yeah, they done fucked up.  First thing that pops into my mind is: Oregon.  And that's a bad thing.

Even Woody Hayes would want to punch that.

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 10, 2011, 07:59:48 PM

How in the hell can you screw up Blue and yellow? You can if you add stripes to the shoulders. Yuck. Looks like a mutant barber's pole.
That's how the sleeves used to be striped, back in the day.  I don't think OSU even existed, let alone played football, back then, though, so OSUers wouldn't know.

This was the 1891 uniform:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

grumbler

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

I think I have a pair of pants like that.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 10, 2011, 07:59:48 PM

To be fair, anything with that neon yellow is gonna be ugly. The best thing would simply be to make them all blue. But I still think it's cool in comparison.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on June 07, 2011, 12:25:58 PM
I am pumped for this.  Arizona State is the biggest bunch of bush league punks in College Baseball.  Texas Humiliating them and watching that hypocritical douche Pat Murphy cry in 2009 is one of my most treasured sports memories.  Naturally they are playing despite being on probation and a post-season ban but are appealing it...which is so much crap because they know they did it.  Really it is hard to vocalize just how loathsome that school is.

:punk: 

Valmy

The Texas pitching staff gave up four earned runs in three games.  Take that you cheating fuckers enjoy your post season ban.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on June 12, 2011, 10:15:39 PM
The Texas pitching staff gave up four earned runs in three games.  Take that you cheating fuckers enjoy your post season ban.

Nomar getting all butthurt about the interference call and the balk against a team that shouldn't have even been there in the first place was also pretty great.  I really enjoyed that game.

MadBurgerMaker

I wonder what's going to happen to Cliff Harris.  Pulled over going 118 in a 65 while driving with a suspended license (also, the car was apparently rented by an Oregon employee, not him). 

Valmy

This little promo from the Longhorn Network schedule is hilarious:

QuoteExclusively on Longhorn Network, airing Mondays after every game, Coach Mack Brown will breakdown that week's match-up, highlighting key plays and turning points, with a no-holds-barred attitude that Longhorn fans have come to expect from him.

That wild and crazy Mack Brown! He's over the top no holds barred! We should start calling him Stone Cold Mack! Oh, the craziness!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2011, 12:10:45 PM
This little promo from the Longhorn Network schedule is hilarious:

QuoteExclusively on Longhorn Network, airing Mondays after every game, Coach Mack Brown will breakdown that week's match-up, highlighting key plays and turning points, with a no-holds-barred attitude that Longhorn fans have come to expect from him.

That wild and crazy Mack Brown! He's over the top no holds barred! We should start calling him Stone Cold Mack! Oh, the craziness!

We have a caller! Bill in Sinton, please turn your TV down.

MadBurgerMaker

Oh hey, Cliff Harris was suspended indefinitely:

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/collegefootball/story/15234764/ducks-cb-harris-suspended-indefinitely-to-sit-opener-vs-lsu

Quote from: Valmy

:lol:  Mack, NO HOLDS BARRED: "The kids played hard, which is all I ask." 

Or some variation of that.