And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 05, 2023, 04:39:46 PMBarbie film looks good :ph34r:

Good thing is that I still don't know what it's about. I mean, they seem to hint to a "Barbie travels to the real world" kinda storyline, but there's just the one scene in the boardroom.

Syt

Quote from: Josephus on April 05, 2023, 06:14:37 AMHe is modelled after Ibra....Zlatan Ibrahimovic... in everyway--his abilities, his vanity and his poses.

Yeah, having Nate copy Mourinho's look was a bit on the nose, but Zava takes it over the top loses any pretence of subtlety (not that I mind). :D

Good episode yesterday. Second half of the match against WestHam was hilarious IMO - I wonder, though, how the series will deal with (or if they'll show) the fallout from it.

Btw, Rupert's assistant makes me feel all tingly.  :blush:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on April 06, 2023, 12:56:23 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 05, 2023, 04:39:46 PMBarbie film looks good :ph34r:

Good thing is that I still don't know what it's about. I mean, they seem to hint to a "Barbie travels to the real world" kinda storyline, but there's just the one scene in the boardroom.

:yes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

All I know is that I should be upset that Barbie was going to be an Amy Schumer movie but then they gave it to a skinny girl.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Helen Mirren is in it. I assume it will be good.

Josephus

Quote from: HVC on April 06, 2023, 01:18:01 AMAll I know is that I should be upset that Barbie was going to be an Amy Schumer movie but then they gave it to a skinny girl.

Surprised, really, they didn't make her a "racialized" person with a vagina.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

The Larch

Quote from: Josephus on April 06, 2023, 05:18:43 AM
Quote from: HVC on April 06, 2023, 01:18:01 AMAll I know is that I should be upset that Barbie was going to be an Amy Schumer movie but then they gave it to a skinny girl.

Surprised, really, they didn't make her a "racialized" person with a vagina.

Wat?

Syt

If you look at the poster you'll find that they have diversity well covered. :D
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

What gets me is she's also human in the bottom left. Weird place for it, not at the end, and why is she so lacking anything else.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I find it amusing that they go, "This Barbie is a diplomat", "This Barbie is a doctor", "This Barbie has a nobel prize" etc., and otherwise "He's Ken", "He's also Ken", "Yup, another Ken." :D
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on April 06, 2023, 12:56:23 AM

Yeah I've no idea what it's going to be about or how it'll work. But I think it looks great :blush:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

The Bourne Legacy.  World's longest chase scene, spybabble exposition and flagrant sequel set up ending.  Bleh.

Darth Wagtaros

Peacemaker was great.  We thoroughly enjoyed it. Eagley and Vigilante were vital components.

This last episode of the Mandalorian, with the droids was kind of WTF. I can't tell if the part with the droids was to prep for some future plot point or just incredibly lazy. Also, if droids are self-aware enough to have bars and such then the slavery angle is pretty awful. Although nobody had a problem with disposable clone-slave soldiers (in universe).

PDH!

Syt

I agree that Droids are in a weird state in the SW universe. Often they're treated as pets at best, and quite a few seem to have achieved sentience (I think in universe the idea is that droids who don't have their memories wiped regularly will develop personalities/sentience - which is another level of awful). So having Lando's droid sidekick in Solo fighting for Droid liberation is a great idea; but they decided to play it for laughs. And the B1 battle droids in Clone Wars clearly being programmed to experience feelings, regret, fear etc., just seems cruel.

There's definitely quite an ethical rabbit hole to explore (similar to what they do with the Clones across Clone Wars and Bad Batch).
—Stephen Jay Gould