News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Habbaku on April 15, 2012, 10:58:53 AM
Assuming you mean Horrible Bosses, no, that movie didn't bomb at all; it made quite a large profit. 
No Hollywood movie has ever turned a profit.

QuoteI thought it was pretty good, too.
Same thing here, nice flick :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Zoupa

Quote from: viper37 on April 16, 2012, 11:15:56 PM
Assuming you mean Horrible Bosses, no, that movie didn't bomb at all; it made quite a large profit. 

:unsure:

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2012, 11:29:17 PM
Hunger Games was a very well done book, and not at all written for the adolescent teenie bopper in mind, in general its appeal has been more to boys in fact than girls.

I was bored with Hunger Games because I had previously read Battle Royale, although I concede that book was reasonably well done.

viper37

Quote from: Zoupa on April 17, 2012, 12:09:49 AM
Quote from: viper37 on April 16, 2012, 11:15:56 PM

:unsure:
Aside these examples, Star Wars never made a cent of profit, as such, the guy portraying Darth Vader was never paid.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Watching Grimm....I keep watching though its not a great show.
It is alrightish but not awesome. There's not much good at the moment though.
It just fundamentally doesn't make sense though. How is this one cop always running into
these supernaturally themed cases? And only after he learns of his powers?

Quote from: garbon on April 16, 2012, 10:45:38 PM
Quote from: Tyr on April 16, 2012, 02:51:49 AM
With the lady person

Okay, lettow.

ey?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

I watched the first few episodes of Grimm, it was alright. I'd probably still be watching if it focused more on an overall storyline and less on the monster of the week. Just can't be arsed to care about a new plotline every week.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

I'm glad they acknowledged England's one and only football glory in Mad Men. Why was Peter taking classes? Didn't understand that.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on April 17, 2012, 11:01:06 AM
Why was Peter taking classes? Didn't understand that.

Driver's ed.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

The Boxer.

Stupid Irish.  Truly are the negroes of Europe. Too busy killing each other, while the Brits are standing around like the Romans in Life of Brian.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 17, 2012, 10:33:22 AM
I watched the first few episodes of Grimm, it was alright. I'd probably still be watching if it focused more on an overall storyline and less on the monster of the week. Just can't be arsed to care about a new plotline every week.
It's actually worked in an overarching plotline, especially of late.  It still remains the lesser show though compared to Once Upon A Time.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

katmai

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 17, 2012, 04:47:05 PM
It's actually worked in an overarching plotline, especially of late.  It still remains the lesser show though compared to Once Upon A Time.

You know how I know you are gay...
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on April 17, 2012, 05:36:44 PM
Quote from: Benedict Arnold on April 17, 2012, 04:47:05 PM

You know how I know you are gay...

He liked Kings. Enough said.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sophie Scholl

:weep:  At least Once Upon A Time didn't get cancelled after one season!  Plus, Ginnifer Goodwin is sexy.  And Meghan Ory for that matter.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

CountDeMoney

Dangerous Liaisons was on earlier.  Still John Malkovich's best role evah.  So...reptilian.

I would've had a blast back then.  THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND ME? I MAKE THIS WIG LOOK GOOD