Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 04, 2016, 10:21:10 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2016, 07:59:38 PM
July 4th weekend viewing:

Hunt for Red October. ONE PING ONLY.

The Enemy Below. Curt Jurgens. :wub:

Dirty Grandpa. DeNiro is a hack.

Amistad, West Side Story, Die Hard, The Road Warrior.  It was all about embracing diversity this holiday.

Binged Billions
The Thing (80's)
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

frunk

1974 - Death Wish
1984 - Buckaroo Banzai
1993 - Jurassic Park
2004 - Life Aquatic
2014 - Grand Budapest Hotel

And the actor is?

Admiral Yi

frunk

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 05, 2016, 04:28:25 PM
Sexy Jew Boy

One day he'll get around to playing somebody other than himself.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: frunk on July 05, 2016, 04:29:41 PM
One day he'll get around to playing somebody other than himself.

What was that Baby Boomer mid life crisis movie with Kevin Klein et al?  He played out of type.

frunk

Admiral Yi

frunk

I was just impressed that I could start with his first movie role and jump 10 years (except for JP) for 40 years and find a well remembered movie.

celedhring

Quote from: frunk on July 05, 2016, 04:56:46 PM
I was just impressed that I could start with his first movie role and jump 10 years (except for JP) for 40 years and find a well remembered movie.

What about The Fly? That flick's a small classic.

frunk

Quote from: celedhring on July 05, 2016, 05:30:20 PM
What about The Fly? That flick's a small classic.

I wasn't trying to hit highlights, just the most memorable film on the 10x anniversary of his first movie.

The Minsky Moment

I always think of Into the Night as the definitive JG movie.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Liep

This was pretty amusing:

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

frunk

It looks like the real drop off is 4 years earlier just after Jackie Brown.

The Larch

Heh, interesting. Did he got divorced and had to start paying a big chunk in alimony back then?

celedhring

That graphic can be a bit misleading, even though it nails his career's overall decadence. He's had supporting roles in a bunch of films (American Hustle, Joy, Silver Linings Playbook, Stardust, etc...) that are firmly in fresh territory.

But yeah, he's been cashing in for the most part of the past two decades.