And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on May 06, 2014, 12:12:48 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on May 06, 2014, 10:31:10 AM
:) I need to watch some more Harold Lloyd.  Hulu's got a bunch of 'em...

I prefer his silent films, but his 30s era talkies are well worth seeing.  They struggled at the box office at the time because audiences couldn't identify with the glasses character in Depression era America.  His "Comeback" film, The Sin of Harold Diddlebock is largely worth seeing for this suit:

Otherwise it's hit or miss.

My God, he's the young Don Cherry.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josephus

I liked the Verger bit. People familiar with the books/movies would get it, else it doesn't matter anyway. I liked that.

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

i just thought it was too soon. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

celedhring

Quote from: Ideologue on May 06, 2014, 05:53:55 PM
i just thought it was too soon. -_-

If the show's gonna get cancelled, might as well get that out of the way.  :P

FunkMonk

http://youtu.be/tJNZKw5qAAs

Hannibal Lector's Old West origin story, featuring Eva Green and Manchester United legend Eric Cantona. 

:cool: :cool: :cool:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Ideologue

Spider-Man 3 (2007).

QuoteSam Raimi's third and final film in his Spider-Man trilogy is a paradox.  It is endlessly ambitious yet stultifyingly lazy.  It is a movie that fails, but a comic book adaptation that succeeds.  It is the result of some of the most tyrannical studio interference in history as well as of the most alienating directorial excess you could possibly imagine.  It is at once my favorite of the trilogy... and my least.  Defying all and embracing none, Spider-Man 3 is beyond "good" or "bad."  It must suffice to simply call it one of the most singular films ever made.

The amazing web of the spectacular Spider-Man unlimited, part III: "Dear God... kill Peter Parker"

B+
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Ed Anger

Plus, in the Toby McGuire movies, the chick is a butterface.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Kirsten Dunst?  You crazy, man.
Kinemalogue

Grey Fox

I still have Dreams about KDs.

So hot, so so hot.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Queequeg

Her naked body was the only redeeming part of Melancholia.  She's fucking perfect. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 07, 2014, 09:29:56 AM
Plus, in the Toby McGuire movies, the chick is a butterface.
What the fuck?  :wacko:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

She is kinda plain for a Hollywood chick.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.