News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

After the Wedding. I :wub: Scandi cinema.  Also, the daughter was super cute.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

Whoa.  I did not realize how many Criterion movies are on the Hulu Plus.

But wouldn't it be so much easier if we just nationalized home video distribution and there were only one online rental supersite?  Don't you think?  It's what they call a "natural monopoly," like utilities, the military, or banking.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Also, I watched the disc of R.I.P.D. (2013) that has been sitting on my table since, apparently, November 27.  It was: pretty bad.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Heroes of Cosplay is on.

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Olympus has fallen
Stupid beyond belief.  Under Siege III with another name.  Bleh.
Even with my brain at off, I wasn't that entertained.

Pain&Gain
The surprise here, is it didn't entirely come from an Hollywood scripter's imagination.  Criminals are dumb, but in this real story (a fact they remind you halfway through the film), they are the world's champions of stupidity.  Not that Miami police looks any better.

The Gym Squad, a bunch of bodybuilders, decide to take their Faith in their hands.  As one guru tells a member of the group, there are doers and there are donters.  Obviously, our bunch are doers.  So, they kidnap one of their rich clients.  They kidnap him for nearly a month, torture him, force him to sign papers legally giving all his money and properties to our criminals.

But the rest of the story... Ah, it takes about an hour to get its pace, but once it does... it is fun, but I feel like a voyeur knowing it is all true.  Despite all their stupidness they almost got away with their crimes.

Directed by Michael Bay, worth seeing if only for the fact that there are no explosions :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josephus

American Hustle.

Alright..nice soundtrack. Gotta get that Arabic version of White Rabbit
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Berkut

Anyone interested in Helix, the new Syfy show coming on the 10th?

It looks interesting...which means I am going to inevitably be dissapointed, I gues.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

viper37

Yeah, I want to watch this too, but I fear it'll be like another zombie show.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on January 05, 2014, 04:45:01 PM
Anyone interested in Helix, the new Syfy show coming on the 10th?

It looks interesting...which means I am going to inevitably be dissapointed, I gues.

yes I am and hopeful.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

katmai

Haven't heard a thing about it.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

Quote from: katmai on January 05, 2014, 06:12:35 PM
Haven't heard a thing about Helix.

80s Canadian metal band...known primarily for "Rock You".

;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

Attack the Block- aka charvas vs. aliens. Kind of cool aliens but uninteresting film
██████
██████
██████