News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: katmai on June 08, 2013, 04:21:07 PM
Quote from: Josephus on June 08, 2013, 04:13:01 PM
My ex-colleague's daughter Mia Kirshner is in Defiance. Don't know much else about it.

I've met Mia, but don't know if Defiance is any good.

On set? What show? I've met her a couple times too. Very dainty woman.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Just in social setting, last time i was in Vancouver so like 7 years ago.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josephus

She's back living in Toronto now.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Admiral Yi

Watched most of that Johnny Depp vampire flick.  Eh.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 08, 2013, 09:49:58 PM
Watched most of that Johnny Depp vampire flick.  Eh.

Indeed.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 08, 2013, 01:55:28 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 08, 2013, 01:28:52 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 08, 2013, 01:26:34 PM
Hey, it's the poor's responsibility to get unpoor.

So when asked a serious question, you result to trolling in other threads? :hmm:

There's nothing serious about Languish except for the trolling.  So don't even try.

edit--and Ideologue's movie reviews.

That's right.  Watched Barry Lyndon, am writing a review.  What did I think of it?  It's Stanley Kubrick.  GEE, I WONDER.

Getting The Killing and Killer's Kiss in the mail tomorrow too. :yeah:  All the Mad Maxes came yesterday while I was out of town, but I've gotta go out and watch The Purge. -_-

In other news, my dad has turned me on to projectors.  His home theater set-up is genuinely bad-ass--big fucking screen, great sound--except for his old non-HD projector.  However, the possibilities of an HD projector for myself are pretty obscene--especially if I can get xHamster to work on it. :hmm:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Speaking of Mad Max, the Iowa State Troopers are trading in their Impalas for Chargers.  :lol:

Not a lot of back seat space for passengers.  :hmm:

Josephus

Barry Lyndon was a tough watch. Yeah, I know it's 100 year war stuff that turns a lot of us on, but overall, I find it one of the weaker of the Kubrick catalogue.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 09, 2013, 06:44:32 PM
Speaking of Mad Max, the Iowa State Troopers are trading in their Impalas for Chargers.  :lol:

Not a lot of back seat space for passengers:hmm:

Who cares they're criminals.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on June 09, 2013, 08:14:17 PM
Barry Lyndon was a tough watch. Yeah, I know it's 100 year war stuff that turns a lot of us on, but overall, I find it one of the weaker of the Kubrick catalogue.

7 Years War  :ultra:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Liep

We had to sit through it in Danish class for some reason. I remember liking it, I wonder if I wouldn't like it more watching not an old VHS recording on an old 28" screen.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Barry Lyndon is one of the most beautifully shot movies. It's like a live action art gallery of period paintings that even Ryan O'Neal can't blemish.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

I find Barry Lyndon uneven to watch. The first half I simply adore it, all his adventures in Europe, both during the war and afterwards as a Prussian spy and then as a professional gambler and duelist. But when he goes back to Ireland...  :bleeding:

Josephus

Quote from: Viking on June 10, 2013, 03:37:10 AM

7 Years War  :ultra:

Math's not my strong point. :D