News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

The Arsenio Hall Show is returning? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Hey, it's the poor's responsibility to get unpoor.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 08, 2013, 01:26:34 PM

So when asked a serious question, you result to trolling in other threads? :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

I figured it was canceled because of low ratings and not because Arsenio wanted to take some time off.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on June 08, 2013, 01:28:52 PM

So when asked a serious question, you result to trolling in other threads? :hmm:

There's nothing serious about Languish except for the trolling.  So don't even try.

edit--and Ideologue's movie reviews.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 08, 2013, 01:55:28 PM
There's nothing serious about Languish except for the trolling.  So don't even try.

So when you accuse others of not being serious, you yourself are not being serious either.  Catch-22.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 08, 2013, 01:56:39 PM
So when you accuse others of not being serious, you yourself are not being serious either.  Catch-22.

I know you're completely serious on several matters, like poverty.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 08, 2013, 02:00:11 PM
I know you're completely serious on several matters, like poverty.

Who's more serious about poverty, the guy who would like to understand why Indians fail to leave their reservations and seek work elsewhere, or the guy who claims it's all the fault of the evil oppressor and walks away from the conversation when asked about solutions?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 08, 2013, 02:05:05 PM
Who's more serious about poverty, the guy who would like to understand why Indians fail to leave their reservations and seek work elsewhere, or the guy who claims it's all the fault of the evil oppressor and walks away from the conversation when asked about solutions?

That's the great thing about sharing a forum with the same people for 10 years:  we already know where everybody stands and we know when bullshit is in the air;  so when you toss up "incorrect thinking" and ask me "to enlighten us", I already know the discussion is pointless and over.  You know you're not interested in understanding "why Indians fail to leave their reservations and seek work elsewhere", and I know you know you're not.

Garbon may be a little better at it than you are, but don't try to turn in on the dogfight when I've already smelled out the bait.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 08, 2013, 02:20:08 PM
That's the great thing about sharing a forum with the same people for 10 years:  we already know where everybody stands and we know when bullshit is in the air;  so when you toss up "incorrect thinking" and ask me "to enlighten us", I already know the discussion is pointless and over.  You know you're not interested in understanding "why Indians fail to leave their reservations and seek work elsewhere", and I know you know you're not.

Garbon may be a little better at it than you are, but don't try to turn in on the dogfight when I've already smelled out the bait.

I agree that it's pointless.  It's pointless because I'm asking a question of academic interest that you consider to be irrelevant. You consider it irrelevant because in your faith-based initiative finding solutions to problems detracts from the greater goal of dividing the world into people who are responsible for all the bad in the world and those who are innocent victims. If solutions were found for problems, that would diminish the amount of wrongdoing you could pin on The Bad People.  And that would be no fun.

11B4V

Hey, how 'bout you monkies sling your pooh over in the indian thread and quit fucking up the movie thread.  :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Kleves

Are Falling Skies or Defiance any good?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Josephus

My ex-colleague's daughter Mia Kirshner is in Defiance. Don't know much else about it.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

katmai

Quote from: Josephus on June 08, 2013, 04:13:01 PM
My ex-colleague's daughter Mia Kirshner is in Defiance. Don't know much else about it.

I've met Mia, but don't know if Defiance is any good.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

viper37

Quote from: Kleves on June 08, 2013, 03:55:57 PM
Are Falling Skies or Defiance any good?
Falling skies, I was told it's stupid.

Definance, now... I would say it has potential, but as of yet, it hasn't reached it.

Imho, wait 'til after the 2nd season is done if it gets better, than watch it all.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.