News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TUNACAKES vs. SJK PROPERTIES et al.

Started by Caliga, April 30, 2010, 04:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you have voted?

rule in favor of the plaintiff (i.e. defendant must pay all outstanding debts to plaintiff)
13 (81.3%)
rule in favor of the defendant (partially or totally void promissory note)
3 (18.8%)
rule in favof of the defendant (the above, plus award the defendant punitive damages as part of counterclaim)
0 (0%)
some other mixed result
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Caliga

cc, I was kind of surprised we wwre hearing it, to be honest.  I assume one or both parties demanded a jury trial?  They had made it clear that they'd been trying to settle it for years without success.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Did the environmental inspector have anything to say about the distribution box/water levels? What about the extra top soil dumped? These were not indicative of a preexisting problem to him that the previous owners would have known about?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Is this where I vote in the Beep Beep poll or in the Burrito poll?

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 30, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
Did the environmental inspector have anything to say about the distribution box/water levels? What about the extra top soil dumped? These were not indicative of a preexisting problem to him that the previous owners would have known about?
He said that the water levels were too high.  He was not questioned about the top soil dumping.

Jaron

What an exciting life you lead. Be sure this one goes on your application for Colonel.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

Ok, so I guess everyone has participated that cares to do so.

We ruled totally in favor of the plaintiff.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.