Ed reviews.....

Started by Ed Anger, April 18, 2010, 11:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

I miss my SS 80. Thing was a Beauty!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 17, 2011, 10:43:25 AM
I obtained a bag of "retro" Doritos Taco flavor chips. Instead of the shitty new chips they have been selling, this bag promised me the flavor of the old days when I was lad. The flavor of the 70's.

After consuming a few chips, my mind was awash in memories of the 70's. The zenith TV in the wood cabinet. The 3 TV channels. No remote control. Jimmy Carter. Bo Derek's bush. DARTH VADER.

I about creamed my pants.

Next food review: The Chef Boyardee Pizza Kit.
I got a bag of these the other week and am finishing it now.  They're damn good crumbled on Mexican bean soup.

I think I heard that Taco is back permanently... anyone know if that's true?  If so :w00t:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Denny's Fried Cheese Melt

A grilled cheese sandwich with 4 mozzarella sticks in the middle. w/o fries and the red shit that is allegedly marinara sauce. ~800 calories.

Tasty, but my heart hurts now and I may not poop for a week. Also, only Denny's can make a grilled cheese sandwich greasy. Luckily, I was able to walk the damn thing off. Otherwise, I would have collapsed and took a nap.

grumbler

MB, I just wanted to say that I enjoy this thread more than any other on Languish.  If you decide to become "languish-free" please make an exception for this thread.

You can combine it with the Ohio, heart... thread, so long as you keep it up.  :hug:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Viking

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 10, 2011, 06:57:24 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 10, 2011, 06:45:48 AM
I wonder if they make kid sized fritz helmets. They'd love My little Pony helmets.

http://www.militaryheadgear.com/items/55

The Stahlhelm should be Der Steel Helmet, not a pansy little Aluminium one.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Quote from: grumbler on July 20, 2011, 05:47:05 PM
MB, I just wanted to say that I enjoy this thread more than any other on Languish.  If you decide to become "languish-free" please make an exception for this thread.

You can combine it with the Ohio, heart... thread, so long as you keep it up.  :hug:

Sure, I can always do that.

I still haven't done the pizza kit yet. Way too much work for so little of a reward. Yay! A mediocre pizza!

I did deep-fry a peanut butter and jelly sandwich just for kicks. It was: delicious.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 20, 2010, 01:28:54 PM
I review the TV show The Deadliest Warrior:

While sitting down to watch a re-run of CSI, I catch this stupid show. The episode compares a Spartan vs a Ninja fighting each other. Stupid idiots play with ninja and spartan weapons and pretend the two fight each other. I'd rather watch Gil Grissom masturbate and splooge in Jorja Fox's ugly face that watch a minute of this stupid fanboy shit.

Grade: Stupid Timmay shit. I assume the next show is a T-Rex with a cannon vs. a Old Guard grenadier. fuck.

They actually renewed this bullshit.

Once again,

HISTORY DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 20, 2011, 05:53:16 PM
I still haven't done the pizza kit yet. Way too much work for so little of a reward. Yay! A mediocre pizza!

Please don't do it.  I still remember the heartburn that horrible sauce brought on when I was a kid.

To her credit, mom always tossed out the parmesan cheese you were supposed to use, and used shredded mozzarella (and pepperoni).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 20, 2011, 05:00:31 PM
Denny's Fried Cheese Melt

A grilled cheese sandwich with 4 mozzarella sticks in the middle. w/o fries and the red shit that is allegedly marinara sauce. ~800 calories.

Tasty, but my heart hurts now and I may not poop for a week. Also, only Denny's can make a grilled cheese sandwich greasy. Luckily, I was able to walk the damn thing off. Otherwise, I would have collapsed and took a nap.

My hats off to you, sir.  I think that looks/sounds disgusting, and I actually like the Double Down.
Experience bij!

Ed Anger

So, while I'm out increasing my shareholder value, I decide to stop in at BK for lunch. I order my usual 2 hamburgers(ketchup only) and decide to try their 'satsifries'. Supposedly lower calorie and fat. Sadly, they are lower in taste. Think Ore Ida crinkle cut fries thoughtfully tossed in a dryer and served piping lukewarm.

But the BK crew thoughtfully decided to increase my sodium intake by dumping an entire salt lick onto my small fries.

I shoulda ate at the gas station.

grumbler

Great to see the return of this feature (which, along with "Ohio..." is the best thing on the board).  MOAR!
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Liep

I sometimes wish that there were a fastfood chain close by here. There is a sushi place with a few branches in the city, but that's not really good.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Liep on October 08, 2013, 06:26:43 AM
I sometimes wish that there were a fastfood chain close by here. There is a sushi place with a few branches in the city, but that's not really good.

You wish you had crappier options for food available?  Never pegged you for a masochist.
Experience bij!