And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehrie

My Winter:

All Fleets to Calais

Henry, Brandon, 4+0 back to London, 0+3 to Calais leaving 2+2 in Antwerp. I'll do the French and Ottoman Winters and do the New World garbage. Also taking the -1 card off of me as that shoulda been taken off at the start of this turn.

ehrie

Quote from: Habbaku on June 08, 2009, 04:06:30 PM
I will handle the end-of-turn stuff when people are done posting their winters, sure.

Ottoman winter :

1 cavalry from Nezh to Edirne.
1 cavalry from Sofia to Istanbul.
1 regular from Buda to Istanbul.
1 regular from Belgrade to Istanbul.
9 regulars, 1 cavalry and both leaders from Vienna to Istanbul.

Habbaku, don't think you can do all that. There aren't enough pieces to break everything down.

ehrie

England: Die roll request
Request: 6-sided die x 2

Message from England:
Cortez takes a shot at the Incas. +4 drm

Since you need an 11 to get the Incas I assume that means Del gets nothing. Lemme check the rules.

Habbaku

Quote from: ehrie on June 08, 2009, 09:08:29 PM
Habbaku, don't think you can do all that. There aren't enough pieces to break everything down.

I checked in my own file before I posted my winter--there are plenty of pieces to allow it once you combine a lot of the stray 1-pointers.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: ehrie on June 08, 2009, 09:18:26 PM
Since you need an 11 to get the Incas I assume that means Del gets nothing. Lemme check the rules.

It's on the reference card, which is included in the CB.  He needs an 11--and thus Cortez is sent back with nothing.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

ehrie

Got it. Okay rolling new world now.

Habbaku

Please do not end the turn in ACTS unless you know what you're doing.  Turn 6 is coming up and the Heir value needs to be set properly.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ehrie

Do check this file when you get it Habbaku. I had to move so many pieces around I may have made a mistake.

Request: 6-sided die x 4

Message from England:
English Colonies

+1 Card, No Effect.

Request: 6-sided die x 2

Message from England:
French Colony

Scalped by natives.

Request: 6-sided die x 6

Message from England:
Hapsburg Colonies

+1 Card, No effect, No effect

ehrie

I'm not touching ACTS. I've never done that before and I know turn 6 has a lot to do.

Habbaku

One of the cavalry you placed in Istanbul should be in Edirne, instead, but otherwise it looks fine.

I'm not going to end the turn on ACTS or deal cards until Del posts his winter, though.  Of course, if he feels confident (or reads the module notes) he should feel free to end it when he does so.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Sending out a file with my Winter. Don't want to do the ACTS thing.

On ehrie's Winter, it looked like you sent guys from Antwerp to Calais. You can't do that, from a controlled fortress you can only go to your capital.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Good times.

Turn ended, cards dealt.  Diplomacy starts now.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

I did mistakenly assign the wrong hand size to Ulmont, though.  The Protestants need to draw another card.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

If anyone has the any of the counter-reformation cards, mandatory or otherwise, please contact me. They need to be played in the most advantageous manner possible if we want to knock the Prots down a step or two.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned