News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delirium

Quote from: ulmont on May 31, 2009, 10:47:01 AM
Published 2 treatises in France, converted Bordeaux, Nantes, and Metz.  Back to the Ottomans.

Since you didn't care to apply the French file, someone ought to place those merc builds. I suggest Habs.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ulmont

Quote from: Delirium on June 02, 2009, 04:26:13 AM
Since you didn't care to apply the French file

Missed it, sorry; I did give the Pope his T5 debaters he'd been missing.

Berkut

I don't have the file handy, but he dropped several French mercs - did your rolls reflect them? Not that it really matters, giving the way you roll dice...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on June 02, 2009, 08:51:02 AM
I don't have the file handy, but he dropped several French mercs - did your rolls reflect them?

They did not, but it wouldn't have changed the outcome.  First die was a 6 on Bordeaux and Nantes, Metz was unchanged, and I failed Dijon (which is where the biggest impact would have been).

If you want, I'll reroll the whole thing.

Berkut

Nah, no need to do that. The Pope has a lot of work to do.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Message

Remaining 4 CPs :

1-3/4 - Raise 3 cavalry in Edirne.
4/4 - 4 cavalry from Edirne move to attack Constantinople.

Off to Del to resolve the fight.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

I played Foul Weather, you can't attack.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

I think you need to read Foul Weather again.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote2 / Foul Weather
RESPONSE Play during another power's impulse just after they have announced they are spending CP to move, assault, initiate piracy, conduct a naval move, or start a naval transport. 1 CP is lost. For the rest of the impulse, no land unit of that power may move more than 1 space; assault, piracy, naval moves, and naval transport are prohibited. All effects last only during this power's impulse. May not be used to stop Treachery! event.

Translation:  you may attack next door only.

ehrie

Why is towards the end of these games someone always stops playing?

garbon

Quote from: ehrie on June 03, 2009, 09:24:30 PM
Why is towards the end of these games someone always stops playing?

Why is it when someone says sorry, I won't have access to a computer / I'll have less access to a computer, someone always bitches about them in these kind of games?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Delirium

Quote from: ulmont on June 03, 2009, 09:38:53 AM
Quote2 / Foul Weather
RESPONSE Play during another power's impulse just after they have announced they are spending CP to move, assault, initiate piracy, conduct a naval move, or start a naval transport. 1 CP is lost. For the rest of the impulse, no land unit of that power may move more than 1 space; assault, piracy, naval moves, and naval transport are prohibited. All effects last only during this power's impulse. May not be used to stop Treachery! event.

:huh:

No, it says you cannot move more than 1 space and that you cannot assault, do piracy, naval moves or naval transport at all, that's what it says. If there is a card FAQ that says otherwise, fine, if not, I really don't see how you can interpret it any other way.

Berkut

Quote from: Delirium on June 04, 2009, 08:59:04 AM
Quote from: ulmont on June 03, 2009, 09:38:53 AM
Quote2 / Foul Weather

:huh:

No, it says you cannot move more than 1 space and that you cannot assault, do piracy, naval moves or naval transport at all, that's what it says. If there is a card FAQ that says otherwise, fine, if not, I really don't see how you can interpret it any other way.

But he isn't moving more than one space or assaulting or doing any of those things...

0 rows returned

Delirium

Okay. The confusion comes from the distinction between "move" and "assault", we've been playing this card wrong for so long ftf that I didn't bother to look it up in the rules. Makes the card much less powerful and it obviuosly kills my entire turn pretty effectively. Kind of meh. Go on and kill my troops.

Berkut

I think what you really wanted to do was use Foul eather after he spent his 4th CP, to cancel the 5th, making him lose his attack on Constantinople. But that would mean letting the attack on Vienna happen, of course.

0 rows returned