News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Here I Stand (9?) Thread

Started by ulmont, April 09, 2009, 01:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Tamas is up and may legally pass this round.   :P
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Okay, if you're heading out I'll do a file with our explorers. If Tamas attempted passing from last round is any indication he'll probably pass legitimately this round. Berkut could probably do his move.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Delirium

Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

I am just playing ireland Revolts for 3 CPs towards St. Petes.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Yeah I passed. :P As a matter of fact, I think I'll keep passing.

Habbaku

Ulmont, please redo your Reformation attempts from the French Bible.  Bibles do not give bonus dice, they give a +1 DRM to the dice being rolled.  5s become 6s, 1s become 2s, etc.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on May 15, 2009, 03:58:30 PM
Ulmont, please redo your Reformation attempts from the French Bible.  Bibles do not give bonus dice, they give a +1 DRM to the dice being rolled.  5s become 6s, 1s become 2s, etc.

Oh, right, goddammit.  I was thinking of the Printing Press.  Will redo now.

ulmont

Ok...committed Olivetan, finished French Bible, converted Liege / Avignon / Toulouse.

Habbaku

QuotePlaying home card for CPs :

1-2/5 - Build 2 corsairs in Scutari.
3/5 - Naval move, 2 corsairs to Adriatic Sea.
4-5/5 - Pirate the Papacy in the Adriatic Sea.

Pirates didn't turn up any loot this time around, alas.

Del's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Algiers fell. Moved fleets to block in pirates. Built a merc in Vienna. Moved Charles to attack Buda. Forgot to adjust vp in the file.

ehrie

England: Play Card as Event
#87: 2 / Mercenaries Demand Pay

Message from England:
Target power loses all mercenaries unless they discard a card immediately. Value of card determines number of mercenaries kept (target power chooses which are kept): 1 CP=2 mercs; 2 CP=4 mercs; 3 CP=6 mercs; 4 CP=10 mercs; 5 or 6 CP=all mercs retained.

All this standing around has made French mercs rather cranky.

Target is Tamas. I don't have a board handy, but I think he has three or 4 mercs in Francis's stack.

Tamas

I have 3 mercs total, all with my king. I let them die, then, start of my round, I invoke the Sultan to honor our deal and give me my 4 mercs into Boulogne. After which I pass.

ehrie