Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

QuoteProtestant: Play Card as Event
#79: 3 / Fuggers

Message from Protestant:

Drew 2 cards.  Habbaku is up.

Berkut

Quote from: ehrie on April 22, 2009, 01:47:32 PM
Well, I imagine if the French rampage up and down Italy they could make the price of peace an English divocery.

No he couldn't.

QuoteHowever, I could gift you Merc Grow Restless to ensure he can't take any keys from you for the same price via play of the Diplomatic Overture card.

I think that sounds like a great idea - in fact, you should send me the card anyway, so as to screw over your actual rival for power and keep him bogged down in Italy while you take Rouen.

Frankly, his building additional French fleets on the Channel is tantamount to an act of war - they have zero use to him except to attack England.

As far as a divorce is concerned, we can talk about that privately when the time comes, unless you want to make a public deal in respects to the play of Mercs Grow Restless. But while I would certainly not mind some os his mercs dieing, it is not a major issue. If he wants to throw French troops against the Popes fortresses, I am mostly ok with that, so it doesn't have as much value to me as you might think.

Now if you have unsanitary camp, that is a different thing altogether...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Turks play Sebastian Cabot for CPs to assault Rhodes.

QuoteOttoman: Die roll request

Request: 6-sided die x 6

Message from Ottoman:
2nd assault of Rhodes.

4 Ottoman vs. 2 Knights, Ottoman first.

The Knights fall without incident.

Habsburgs are up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on April 22, 2009, 02:14:03 PM
Habsburgs are up.

Fair warning, Del;  assault those electorates and prepare for Chuck to be taken by the Protestants.

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on April 22, 2009, 02:29:25 PM
Fair warning, Del;  assault those electorates and prepare for Chuck to be taken by the Protestants.

Fair warning back; that's impossible.  If you play Mercenaries Grow Restless, then the siege will immediately be broken without an assault and Charles (and 1 regular) will be forced to retreat to Metz, where he will be safely ensconced in some nice, defensible walls.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Christ Del! Don't force him to give more VPs to the Ottomans! Don't do it!

0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on April 22, 2009, 02:33:36 PM
Christ Del! Don't force him to give more VPs to the Ottomans! Don't do it!

:yes:

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on April 22, 2009, 02:33:26 PM
Fair warning back; that's impossible.  If you play Mercenaries Grow Restless, then the siege will immediately be broken without an assault and Charles (and 1 regular) will be forced to retreat to Metz, where he will be safely ensconced in some nice, defensible walls.

It was more in the nature of a threat against Chuck's continued safety rather than a promise to capture him with one response card.

Habbaku

I don't think he's going to be too concerned about that.   ;)

Boy, there sure are a lot of unenforceable threats in this game...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on April 22, 2009, 02:39:11 PM
I don't think he's going to be too concerned about that.   ;)

Hope springs eternal.

Tamas

My fleet building at the Channel is entirely defensive, and all concerned parties know this all too well.

Besides Berk, what if I did squash you and did ask for the english divorce as price of peace? Would not you be rational enough to accept it? :P

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on April 22, 2009, 02:53:10 PM
My fleet building at the Channel is entirely defensive, and all concerned parties know this all too well.

Besides Berk, what if I did squash you and did ask for the english divorce as price of peace? Would not you be rational enough to accept it? :P

No, I would be rational enough to say "Here, have a VP and a card draw, and give me all my stuff back have a nice day."

0 rows returned

Delirium

Quote from: ulmont on April 22, 2009, 02:38:13 PM
It was more in the nature of a threat against Chuck's continued safety rather than a promise to capture him with one response card.

Fair enough.

QuotePlay Card as Operations  #95: 5 / Sack of Rome

Message from Hapsburgs:
1/5 Assault Trier with Charles. No cards for me.

Cards?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

ulmont

Quote from: Delirium on April 22, 2009, 04:03:55 PM
Cards?

QuoteProtestant: Play Card as Event
#31: 2 / Foul Weather

Message from Protestant:

Delirium

Hmm, it's been a while, does that mean I have 3 or 4 cp left?
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan