John Kerry calls for the blood of gay men

Started by Jaron, March 04, 2010, 02:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on March 05, 2010, 05:40:41 PM
I might be gay, dear, but I'm not a hairstylist.  I did sleep with one last night though and we discussed how mullets are popping up all over the place.

Whatever the trend, her hair is disturbing.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2010, 05:46:50 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 05, 2010, 05:40:41 PM
I might be gay, dear, but I'm not a hairstylist.  I did sleep with one last night though and we discussed how mullets are popping up all over the place.

Whatever the trend, her hair is disturbing.

I forgot to add that the conversation I summarized above never actually happened.

Martinus

Not exactly related, as it concerns the world, not America, but I thought it would be interesting to post considering some people still believe Aids is a gay disease:

QuoteUN warns HIV/Aids leading cause of death in women

The HIV epidemic began some 30 years ago

HIV has become the leading cause of death and disease among women of reproductive age worldwide, the UN programme on HIV/Aids says.

At the start of a 10-day conference in New York, UNAids launched a five-year action plan addressing the gender issues which put women at risk.

One of the key issues, it says, is that up to 70% of women worldwide have been forced to have unprotected sex.
UNAids says such violence against women must not be tolerated.

"By robbing them of their dignity, we are losing the opportunity to tap half the potential of mankind to achieve the Millennium Development Goals," said Executive Director Michel Sidibe.

"Women and girls are not victims, they are the driving force that brings about social transformation," he said.
The agency says that experiencing violence hampers women's ability to negotiate safe sex.

Singer Annie Lennox speaks out on HIV

It warns that, nearly 30 years from the beginning of the epidemic, HIV services do not respond to the specific needs of women and girls.

Women, it says, continue to be disproportionately affected by HIV/Aids.

In sub-Saharan Africa, 60% of those living with HIV are women and in Southern Africa, for example, young women are about three times as likely to be infected with HIV than young men of the same age.

The programme - which will include improving data collection and analysis of how the epidemic affects women, and ensuring the issue of violence against women is integrated into HIV prevention programmes - will be rolled out in countries including Liberia.

Faeelin

Who here has said that gays are the main cause of AIDS worldwide?

We're talking about the risks in the population in America who donate blood. That African women are screwed is tragic but irrelevant.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on March 05, 2010, 06:34:53 PM
I forgot to add that the conversation I summarized above never actually happened.

Oh man you totally got me.  I was like, "eww gross he talked about sleeping with another dude-- these gay guys just can't keep it in their pants"  :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2010, 09:01:02 PM
Oh man you totally got me.  I was like, "eww gross he talked about sleeping with another dude-- these gay guys just can't keep it in their pants"  :mellow:

I said the conversation didn't happen. :contract:

garbon

Quote from: Faeelin on March 05, 2010, 08:38:39 PM
Who here has said that gays are the main cause of AIDS worldwide?

We're talking about the risks in the population in America who donate blood. That African women are screwed is tragic but irrelevant.

Hi, I'm taking a poll. What do the words "not exactly related" mean to you? :)

PDH

Quote from: garbon on March 05, 2010, 09:32:42 PM
Hi, I'm taking a poll. What do the words "not exactly related" mean to you? :)
Definition of a Marti post?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on March 05, 2010, 06:47:16 PM
Not exactly related, as it concerns the world, not America, but I thought it would be interesting to post considering some people still believe Aids is a gay disease:
Another argument implied from a statistical fallacy.

It's not contradictory for AIDS to be a rare disease among young hetero women, and for it to also be a top killer of young hetero women.  Do you see why?

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on March 05, 2010, 09:41:02 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 05, 2010, 06:47:16 PM
Another argument implied from a statistical fallacy.

It's not contradictory for AIDS to be a rare disease among young hetero women, and for it to also be a top killer of young hetero women.  Do you see why?

Because gays hate women?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon